A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planet Earth

Planet Earth

OK, so 2057 sucked, but Planet Earth looks promising.

Anyone else?

cant wait, I heard theres some shots over water falls and stuff that would have been impossible before.

This is, as far as I can tell, http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/animals/planetearth/ but without David Attenborough narrating. If was you, I'd buy the bbc DVD just to have David Attenborough narrating - it's the most amazing nature series I've ever seen.

Wow, those preview clips are amazing! I'm definitely looking forward to this. I watched a program on the Scablands a couple days ago. Programs like this are always very cool.

2057 was a disappointment. Hopefully this will be a lot better since it's based on fact.

Planet earth? Isn't that what was on the BBC about 3 months ago. It was really good.
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

Planet Earth is a truly amazing program! Wouldn't be the same without Attenborough though as Loydall said.

Without a doubt one of the best programmes ever broadcast on television. Shame you haven't got Attenborough narrating.

You can download a load of HD clips here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/animals/planetearth/hd/

The bird of paradise is a nutter.

That Cineflex heligimble makes me weep. Funnily enough was watching the one on the okavango delta today.

Why would they remove Attenborough's narrating?? Who they having instead, Leonard Nimoy?!?!?
    Michezo Youth Initiative - donate | Into Kenya | Naked Chronicles | Mark Bingham - my friend, America's hero

To help new members fit into Flashkit, three rules they forgot to tell you on signup: Rule #1: Learn Group Think, and behave accordingly | Rule #2: Do as certain Mods say, not as they do. | Rule #3: If you're from outside the US, don't at any time criticise, allude or hyperlink to criticism of the US or any of their laws, policies or practices. | Enjoy your time at Flashkit!

doesnt air until 8pm tonight Im not reading your comments until after.

Sucks you dont have Attenborough, wont be the same.
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

I agree, it's completely retarded to remove Attenborough's narration. There must be some kind of problem for them to do so.

The program is amazing though, not always easy to watch, but quite spectacular. I wonder if you'll get the 'after' bits, where they show what it took to get some of the shots. It's amazing how much preparation, effort and time goes into getting a minute of footage.

Watching it now. Sigourney Weaver doesn't really have a great voice for narrating.

Anyone know why they replaced the original narrator?

Quote Originally Posted by yasunobu13
    Watching it now. Sigourney Weaver doesn't really have a great voice for narrating.

Anyone know why they replaced the original narrator?

Probably because Americans don't understand what a British guy means when he says "Zehbra" so it has to be translated into Americano.

^ Bingo.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I watched it tonight, it was cool, looked real nice in HD and the helicopter shots were great. Sigourney Weaver was ok, nothing special, not sure why they chose her. Prob should have gone with Morgan Freeman, or kept Attenborough but I don't think it kills the series. It's all about the visuals for me, I'm sure they're reading off the same script anyways.

A womans voice was not that bad of a choice. The whole mother earth thing and all.\
    I have to say, I fell in love with the earth again last night. I laughed, cheered, wept a little. What an amazing contribution. Got to see Pole to Pole, Mountains, and Deep Ocean last night, each episode ended with a behind the scenes clip. Awe striking.

I laughed, cheered, wept a little.
    I will have to put this under your name in my quotes library for a snappy comeback when I need it

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Stunning videography (and voiceovers) aside, there's a point that should be raised about such nature programs being altered to suit the sensibilities of an American audience - both in the simplistic approach to the topics covered and the unwillingness to show animals eating other animals.

Planet Earth, rather than be a series of postcard shots, could and should have dealt more realistically with life and death struggles. Life eats life. Don't like it, don't watch it.

The BBC should wholly fund its own programming and let other networks take their choice as to whether they decide to buy the finished product. Never been any complaints in the past.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting