A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eleniatari vs thedarkness ~~ 21st century ho' down

--===00OO00===--

Eleniatari vs thedarkness ~~ 21st century ho' down

Size...Yeah, let me know what you wanna do.

3 Images each.

Turnaround: Lenient...(I'm a student with a very busy schedule untill I turn in my portfolio to the ap board.)

Does not have to use part of previous image, but should try to follow theme if not using part.

It's not very good I know. I just started in november. So be nice please. :P
    Last edited by Eleniatari; 03-24-2007 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Spelling, dont have glasses on.

Cool start man.

a Little creepy but I think a descent start for starting in nov. I like the eye it self another suggestions the texture on the skin I think would work better if they were a little more subtle the border im not crazy about the black border. Hopefully some of that you can use also check out some of the other artist hear which im sure you have check gerbick's work and look at how he will soften an image up and use subtle textures welcome to fk.
    Last edited by thedarkness; 03-24-2007 at 06:53 PM.
    "What do you call a mouse's Shadow in the second moon?"

--===00OO00===--
    Woops, forgot about the border. That was for matting purpouses.

hey, not too shabby :-p....Welcome to the arena!

And now, time to critique. The eyelashes are a bit too blurry, so my suggestion would be to use the extract tool, and just copy the bottom lashes, duplicate, and then move into place via rotate/scale what have you.. And the border is a bit wider on the right side, might have just been a positioning mistake. Otherwise....I like the texture on the face, well done, and the eye is pretty cool too!

I look forward to seeing the rest of your work, and maybe we can battle it out sometime.

Well since no one has taken this challenge I figure I would give a go at it. just so that you know the eyes is where I used your eye at in the image.

--===00OO00===--
    Wow...umm...yeah...I'll get right on that. Goes to show, I should never expect something easy. *Sigh* But, challenge breeds results, and I have and idea...

I dont think anyone needs to be nice elentari, that's quite a good image.
    the eye seems to give off its own light, coupled with the texturing on the skin & tears (well done btw), your colour pallet :thumbs up:

Good return there Darkness. Personally, i'm not too keen on the scanlines, they seem to take some of the image's edge off, but your composition, use of colour and text treatment are spot on.

thank you thank you Natsia been looking at your battle with Pea I see nice stuff developing over there. I do like the scanlines for texture somewhat just have to be a bit more subtle with it. E I wasnt going to make it easy on you nope definetly have to give you a pussh to make you work trough out the program but mainly for you to learn and have fun yup.

--===00OO00===--
    Yes, and it seems you have found my flaw too. If I know I can do something I wont because I know I could. If I think I can't then I'll prove myself wrong. Were going to have some fun with this Mr. Darkness, oh yes, that we are.

I'm going to try and start working this week. I have two pictures due for school on...ohh, Wednesday and Friday one each day. I have an idea though, so I'll work during down time.

why are you two talking like the little green puppet from star wars?

thats just me online Natsia lol it happens to be one of my favorite movies next to L.O.T.R.

--===00OO00===--
    Ohh, you watch all the movies at once in one non stop 12 hour movie? Or are you like the rest of us near-mortals and watch it in segments. :P

After 300 years of life you live, proper grammar you will use not.

lol I have done the marathon thing on the L.O.T.R. extended version it was nice longer than twelve though

Argh the midevil wanna be sentence structures are killing me. Ele' you know my opinions on your serve as for the Darkness nice stuff mang. Keep em rollin fellas and Darkness don't let the slacker erm . . . well slacke And if you have any problems with the punk, let me know and i'll smack him around a work.
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

Ill do it Pea

--===00OO00===--
    Ohh thats nice, all gang up on me. ;P

Hey, what did you expect. Your fresh meat in the arena. Other places would say it was your day in the barrel, all we do is give a hard time
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

That is true Pea cause I recieved the same treatment from gerbick when I first started here man........

you guys need a title for this battle