A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: What's a good travel/vacation website??

What's a good travel/vacation website??

anybody know of any good travel websites besides expedia or travelocity??
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

kayak.com
    tripadvisor.com
    skyauction.com

and to be honest, i've had better luck researching the place i want to stay at and then calling them directly. I saved almost $1000 by booking our honeymoon ourselves rather than going through AAA or expedia.

Quote Originally Posted by lefteyewilly
    and to be honest, i've had better luck researching the place i want to stay at and then calling them directly.

amen. I only use these sites to book flights, hotels you can often get a better deal by calling them up and haggling with them.

Speaking of which, palm greasing often works in the hotel business. You can usually get the best suite available in a hotel room (even penthouse) if it is not booked by simply slipping the hotel agent a $20 when asking. Just so you know, I tried doing this at an airport hoping to get upgraded to business class and it did NOT work.

Quote Originally Posted by Visionray
    You can usually get the best suite available in a hotel room (even penthouse) if it is not booked by simply slipping the hotel agent a $20 when asking.
    this is true. I worked at the front desk of many hotels and i did this for people on numerous occasions, even with out the bribe. If a young hot chick would come in and was flirty, she usually got the best room in the place.

Quote Originally Posted by lefteyewilly
    this is true. I worked at the front desk of many hotels and i did this for people on numerous occasions, even with out the bribe. If a young hot chick would come in and was flirty, she usually got the best room in the place.
    Time to dig out that wig and dress then.