A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Toronto's Water Filtration

Toronto's Water Filtration

Hello. This is my second flash website ever. It is a slideshow about how Toronto gets water, made for a school project. I would GREATLY appreciate if you could please give me feedback on it. Thank you very much in advance.

Also, if you're my science teacher (with initials JK), I would like you to know I made this myself; i didn't pay these nice folks on Flashkit to do it for me XD

http://bored.5gbfree.com/hw/water/index.html

err... maybe you can give the visitor a chance to move forward with the presentation, instead of just waiting for the next slide..

you will encounter those who read fast.. so giving them the ability to move forward when they're done with the current slide might be something good to add..
    Flash MX + ASP + WinXP Pro
    Now Learning PHP & MySQL

Same though, also he text sliding in didn't seem very natural.
    As I'm writing, I noticed something else: the sound keeps adding in the "Learn more" section.

Other then that, about the treatment itself, you forgot to detail about the procedure used to let flocs sink down (Walker, Pulsator, Actiflo, Aquadaf, etc.) Some terms I'm using might be incorrect, I'm studying in WaterTreatment in Quebec, so I'm french...

Actually, you could of clicked on the pause button and there would be forward buttons instead. I changed it to make it more obvious.

As for the text transitions, I guess the slideshow was "lagging"; will increasing the frame rate fix that?

Thank you for the tip about the flocs . I will be implementing these suggestions ASAP, but the more the better! Thanks.

try increasing the frame rate a little bit.. when i click on return to menu, the animation bringing me back to the front takes real long.

i've seen the changes...

here's another tip.. for your buttons.. give it something for mouseovers...

also, before i forget... at the start... for the BEGIN button.. please do add a small transparent box below that frame of text, because when i hover my mouse, the button only becomes available for clicking when my pointer is actually ON the text.. if i'm inside the curve of the letter g, for example, there is no room for clicking it.

if you don't get what i meant just now... umm..try to click on the gaps between the letters in the "BEGIN" button..

anyway... i hope this helps too.
    Flash MX + ASP + WinXP Pro
    Now Learning PHP & MySQL