A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RESOLVED] XML disabled in my Flash movie?

sweet man

thnx a million =]
    -Ashton Sanders
    -www.websitesinaflash.com
    -websitedesign.ashtonsanders.com

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    You have a lot going on in that movie and IMO using the xmlconnector shows how it can be problematic in a case like yours. Just the fact you moved it and tied it to another object (a combobox) in your actual game (the original example you prvided me used a grid and it was all there was) shows how fickle the connector and it's binding can be. We've had other examples in here where the smallest change to either the connector ot it's target sent the routine reeling because the bindings make guesses and have proven they are not always the correct choices.

That said...I made you an example .fla that hits your rates.xml and populates two things....a grid and a dropdown. On click they both send the rate to a textfield with the same name as the one in your game. I suggest you use one of those two examples in your movie and remove the dropdown and connector that is there now.

The file is too big to attach here so I will send it to the email addy I have that you used. I would have added it to the game but I don't have your fonts....would have buggered the movie and this way you can pick a routine you like and insert it (or don't )

Open your header clip...go to keyframe 2 and paste the container you chose to use from my example along with the textfield. Also paste the script in my example in the frame 2 scripts in the header clip in your game. This should only show those two objects when they fire at that button in the game (Special Programs button)...and pull in the xml when it hits that frame. I think you will find it's fast and will save some headaches and is also easier to move/adapt than the connector with bindings is

I'll send it along now. Post back here if it helps so I can mark this resolved if it does in fact give you some ideas

Everything is working SWEETLY!

Again, Thanks a lot !!

I'm sure I'll be back, again.

keep up the good work.

<3,
    ash
    -Ashton Sanders
    -www.websitesinaflash.com
    -websitedesign.ashtonsanders.com