A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Does 3DFA fail VARifier test?

Does 3DFA fail VARifier test?

I have been trying to get that Flash output to work properly as a child movie clip. Please check to see if you can get a 3DFA flash to work and behave correctly.

Drop your movie in VARifier

You may also post your results at the 3DFA board.

Rick

Your varifier test specifications need to be reconsidered.

You specify that the software developer must ensure that content does not leave the canvas without being masked. Masking adds a massive processing overhead and causes a significant performance slug.

Only the animator should decide whether they are prepared to accept this slug for the sake of a specification that their animation will rarely ever need to meet. If they want to conform to your specification, they can add their own mask. It should be entirely the animator's decision.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

The test results shows how well a Flash behaves as a child movie clip. If the animator is not using movie clips as child movies, I agree, they need not bother.

My post ask why am I not able to get the 3DFA exported Flash movie to work or sit correctly on the canvas. That question seemingly has taken a backseat.

Regards,

Rick

If you think that there may be a problem with 3DFA's flash exports that make them difficult to import as child movies, then send as much information as you can to the 3DFA website support email address, including links to downloadable samples, and we'll take a closer look at the problem. There's nothing we appreciate more than potential bug reports to investigate.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

I have done some testing but would appreciate others to test to see if I am in error. Then you can get your bug report as detailed and accurate as I have furnished feedback in the past.

I am asking for assistance and you have headed towards a different direction. You seem not to be the least interested. Perhaps someone is interested enough to give the test a try.

Rick
    Last edited by rblanc; 04-04-2007 at 12:25 AM.