A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: export from mov to flv

export from mov to flv

hi.. My QT Pro can't export to flv. Strangely, there is no such option! it seems that I have the simliar problem described here: http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...=quicktime+flv

Could anyone please guide me where I can find the plug-in and where exactly I should copy it? Thanx.

You just need a flv encoder. just search in google.

Hi, thanks for answering. I do have Flash Encoder installed. But QT doesn's see it... what's wrong?

Banned For a Long Time
    QT can't generate flv at all. you need flash or some other software to help you.

if you have flash, you can create a new movie and import the mov file to the stage(Ctrl+R), and save it in flv format.
    if you don't have flash, download some other software to help you, such as
    Video to FLash Encoder

cool thanks. as far as QT is concerned: it does generate flv (pro version). Somehow I can't do it on my new Mac. I have heard that I should move some files to Qt directory so that the application can see it, but I dont know what exactly...

Bister Mungle
    Although Quicktime offers flv export, you probably are better off doing it the way bryantsinger mentioned. For example, Adobe has had swf exporting in the pass, but it doesn't always work. As for your problem of where to put files, if you are using a mac then apple might be your best bet: http://www.apple.com/support/quicktime/