A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: stage size smaller than 240

stage size smaller than 240

I have my object tag in the html width and height set to 100% it’s then wrapped in a table I wanted to be able to set my table to any size and it would size the swf accordingly. It does work if I keep my table size above 240 but if I set the table size to 100 pixels it will show the movie at 240 pixels for some reason, matter what I do.

I have my flash file set up with Stage.scaleMode = "noscale";

I even set the size of my stage in flash to be 20 pixels wide and placed a black line to stretch to the Stage.width so I could see the end size of my stage when tested in the html. When I tested it with my table set to 20 pixels or 100 pixels for that matter it still showed my movie as 240 pixels wide. Does flash not allow you to go below 240 pixels if you are using percent?

How about a link?

EXAMPLE SWF

On Firefox PC this line shows up as 240 pixels in length when you can see from page source that the table is set to 60 not 240px.

When I test it on Mac Firefox it works like it should
    When tested on IE PC nothing shows up.

It's going all wonky for a few different reasons. IE doesn't show anything because you've set a 100% height, but 100% of what? There's nothing in the table cell to give it any height. Firefox is acting strangely presumably because it's in quirks mode, and because you're using a table. Tables don't necessarily honor the widths you set for them, for instance if you set the width to 60 and put in a 300 pixel image, it would expand the table to 300 pixels wide.

You really don't need a containing element, you could just set weird widths and heights on the object tag, but if you want to do it that way, try using a div and setting the width and height for it.