A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: custom play button

custom play button

I have created a large play button that will sit right on top of the thumbnail movie.I need the large play button to play the movie - I placed the movie on the stage by using the FLVPlayback component and the instance of my movie is called "vid" how do I get the button to talk to the movie?

donka,
    -M

Maybe I should reowrd this.... Can I speak to an Media clip within the FLV component with a button I created myself instead of with one of the custom component buttons?
    help please.
    -M

somebody please - good god.. is there anybody out there???

I am getting closer - I think...
    If I assifn playButton to myPlayButton than my playButton works but then my playPauseButton does not work - seems you can only have one working playButton at a time? can I define a second playButton? how would I do this???

seems I can not have a play button and a playPause button on the same stage - correct? I have seen this done before (www.focus.de.com) does anyone know how???
    -M

oops I meant www.focus.de

anybody out there?

ok. I'm an idiot. This is a good example of someone making something more complicated than it needs to be. When speaking to media clips the same rules apply as to when speaking to other movie clips ie; this simple code controls my FLV on the stage:

on (release) {
    this.vid.play();
    }

When used in conjunction with the components the playpause button remains working.