A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Close to the wind...Frisian reed roof

Nikonist

Close to the wind...Frisian reed roof

This is a reed roof, very typical for our country side here in Northern Germany.
    The wind rose is showing a small flat bottom sailing ship. These ships were used to transport the peat from the moors to the ports at shore.
    The ships had two leeboards for stabilizing and keeping it from drifting, one at each side which could be lowered and pulled up by block and tackle depending on the depth of the water...

!!Click on your own risk!!

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

A moss covered roof. Amazing.

Nice capture as well. I really like the perspective and part of the house you have chosen to show us.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

It's not moss, it's like thick straw. We call them Thatched roofs over here.

It is a great shot, nice colours and angles.

Nikonist

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

Interesting. Those roofs wouldn't last over here.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Nikonist
    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    Interesting. Those roofs wouldn't last over here.
    Blown away by the next Twister eh..?

www.ajs-design.de

Rutland- which is the next town over got hit by 2 tornados on each side that created this wind tunnel that took down over 200 trees in the city. 20,000+ people still without power.