A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Stop an FLV?

Drew

Stop an FLV?

Is there anyway to make a flv file not automatically place. I've tried stop actions on the time line and that just doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Drew
    Sorry.. Play not place.

Well if you're using the FLVPlayback component (which you probably are if you used File>Import for the video), you just need to set it not to automatically play in the Component Parameters on the Properties panel.

yea the mediaplayback and mediadisplay components both have a checkbox that says "Automatically Play" just unclick it . if you're using the mediaplay component you'll have to design a control system to play and pause the movie

Drew
    Wow, I can't find it. I use File->Import and I'm importing an AVI file. I went to the advanced settings and everything. Am I that blind?

You need to click on the FLVPlayback component on the stage and then go to Window/Component Inspector. This will open the Component Inspector box where you can change the parameters, setting the autoplay to true or false.
    This is your brain. This is your brain on script.

ctrl+f7 opens your components, the medadisplay component is in there. this is a pretty good tutorial on how to work it

http://layersmagazine.com/custom-video-player.html

Drew
    Thanks guys. You've been a big help. Check out www.HMFracing.com, let me know what you really think. Thanks again.