A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Downloading mp3's off a Flash site

Downloading mp3's off a Flash site

Hey

I made this flash page for my friend http://www.tahnaiya.com/madsoul/

Before I had Quicktime In the download section a window would pop up asking me where i would like to save the file. I installed Quicktime the other day just to watch videos and now when I work on my website and check the download links it goes to a black page with the quicktime music bar and starts playing music. How do I stop this? How do I make a download button or what would be the link so that it comes up with that window asking me where to save the file. Some people dont know how to download off the site because it's flash and they cant right click/save as

Thanks in advance

Student
    it´s called mime settings,- and it depends on the browser. IE is known for beeing hijacked by other tools (quicktime, real, divx, icq, gator,...) that install themselves into the browser beeing the default tool for whatever extension.
    Dont want it install a different browser, disable the particular mime setting or uninstall quicktime in your case.

alternativly:
    - zip the mp3 (almost any browser accepts that as a download instead of opening instantly) ,
    - rename the mp3 extension (though nonsense as the user has to rename it back to the original file)
    - open a new html/php window that provides the download link, so the use can perform the so known "right click..." action.

btw. I was able to download the mp3´s here in opera as I disabled my default settings for such extensions

Hey

Thanks so much for replying with your help. It works!!

Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by renderhjs
    - open a new html/php window that provides the download link, so the use can perform the so known "right click..." action.

So that's optional? Because I forgot to do it and it still works.

I am so happy. Thanks so much!!

Did you listen to the music? Not your thing?