A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Invalid Thread Specified

doItLikeThis

Invalid Thread Specified

Hi. I was typing a really long message in a reply box (the advanced one), and clicked reply. I think due to time out, it showed me the login box again, and after logging in it showed the message 'Invalid Thread Specified'. Did I do something wrong?
    -Aditya

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    It could be the thread in question was subjected to moderation and deleted (for whatever reason) during the timeframe. Not saying that is what happened, I'm just saying that is a common error message when pulling up a thread that has been deleted (say if you bookmark it for instance or return to it using the back button).

doItLikeThis
    Actually this has happenned with me before also. I used to write big messages, and after time out of the cookie I used to submit it, it'll show the login box, and then it will come to the same 'Invalid' screen, chances maybe that this condition is not handled in the board script..?
    Last edited by adit_ya_sharma; 04-24-2007 at 12:05 AM.
    -Aditya

this has also happened to me on and off for as long as I can remember posting - if I click 'reply' without first being logged in, it asks for a login before then redirecting you to the reply page.

When I hit 'submit' I will invarably get the 'invalid thread specified' error and lose the reply. Over the years it's become an automatic action to copy and paste the reply into a textfile in anticipation of it being lost - in fact I'm doing it right now!

edit: fyi worked fine this time!

....he's amazing!!! lesli_felix's Avatar
    I only ever log in once on any pc, must be a cookie thing... I tend to favour convenience over privacy because I'm incredibly lazy.

Though I still copy-paste very long replies just in case the server goes t!tsup

doItLikeThis
    Yup, got my notepad always open here too.
    -Aditya

Always get a temporary local copy of your long replies You never know when somethings going to crap out.

Last week I lost a long reply (that I felt was a very detailed and helpful reply) due to an ISP packet-loss problem.

Its not always the site or board's fault. Sometimes cookies expire, but hey, computers aren't perfect. Its kind-of the same concept of saving your flash projects that you're working on as you go along.