A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] cant think of a suitable title but i need some help

[F8] cant think of a suitable title but i need some help

I have a few movie clips on the stage that on rollover play to the end of the clip and then stop.

once the user has rolled over all the movie clips, i want the user to automatically be sent to frame 10 (for example)

the thing is - i want the original movie clips to be rolled over in any order and once the final one has been rolled over - then the next action happens.

I imagine that what i need to do is have each movie clip send a "signal" out and have a listener that waits until its heard all the "signals" (in any order) before its action is triggered.

can anyone provide me with a solution to this?

I'm sure there's an easier/better way to do this with actionscript, but here is a rough way to do it without too much script. I've attached an example .fla file for you. I didn't know what version of flash you're running, I'm using
    Flash 8. Let me know if you need me to save out to an earlier version. Hope this helps with your project.
    Last edited by layerburn; 08-28-2007 at 06:16 PM.
    This is your brain. This is your brain on script.

cool, and thanks very much - i will et you know how i get on. I am using flash 8 too - [F8]

i had a look at your proceed.fla and it is not quite how i need it to work - in your example it forces you to roll over the shapes in a set order. I want the user to be able to roll over the shapes in any order and for the last shape they roll over to send them to frame ten.

I adapted your proceed.fla to allow the shapes to be rolled over in any order, but as soon as you roll over the green square it sends you to frame 10. i need the last square you roll over to send you to frame 10, regardless of which one it is....

Ok, i got it figured out. Sorry bout that, i misunderstood that you wanted to be able to rollover them in any order. This should be what you're looking for hopefully.
    Last edited by layerburn; 08-28-2007 at 06:16 PM.
    This is your brain. This is your brain on script.

brilliant - that looks like just the ticket - although i havn't got time to try it out for myself at the moment. Thank you so much for your help!!

works like a dream