Thread: [Game] ununicum

[Game] ununicum

Hey,

Finished new game called "ununicum". You can play it here:
    http://www.tonypa.pri.ee/start.html

Feedback welcomed

Great concept!

Some comments:

- Personally I don't like switching from mouse to keyboard.
    - When I'm stuck I have to click a just-appeared button. Why? I would expect a 'game over' screen or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Baukereg
    - Personally I don't like switching from mouse to keyboard.
    - When I'm stuck I have to click a just-appeared button. Why? I would expect a 'game over' screen or something like that.
    I will try to apply keys into buttons so you can play it with keyboard only after clicking first time in start button.

Well, the just-appeared button is suppose to be something like game-over screen I did not want to clear the board so you can look at it for long time and think about what went wrong.

thats really cool, i love the concept and it plays very nicely

i dont really have the brain for puzzle games, i really wanted to know what tiles existed outside the play area. Like when i press right, what will appear on the left, most of my choices were guess work and when a match was found it never was one i was aiming for

very nice though
    lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade

It's very hard to get right, but it's good fun once you get the hang of it. I like it how everything is so simple.

One thing though, after playing the game for the first time once, if I tried to play it again, there would be no blocks at all and the ending game music would play, then the X button would appear. I haven't been able to get it to happen again since.

~Ork.

Great game.
    Sound: The sound suits the game PERFECTLY..what else is there to say other than 5/5 for sound ..btw, I loved it how on gameover the music gets louder and more suspenful (..very sneaky).
    Graphics: Quite simple, but that's all that's needed for this type of game. Quite clever, utilising different looking tiles for each new game (kept it 'fresh' and added a nice little touch).
    Gameplay: Fantastic. Havent played many games that are similiar, so it was quite original for me. At times it felt like I got a few by pure luck, but if you really want to master the game, you always need to think ahead.
    Biffs: This is just me being picky, but I disliked the fact that I had no choice but to go back through the menu to start again (rather then adding a restart button at gameover).

Viza

Quote Originally Posted by Viza
    Sound: The sound suits the game PERFECTLY..what else is there to say other than 5/5 for sound ..btw, I loved it how on gameover the music gets louder and more suspenful (..very sneaky).
    Thank you
    I like the sound myself too. It uses 7 different loops played in different order, some depending what happens in the game. Near 90% of the 130+kB filesize comes from the music loops.

Very nice. When I saw it was you posting this I knew it would be good. I as well like the ending transition although it can be a bit confusing at first. Playing the game once cured me of that confusion. You could have it so pressing like two arrow keys at the same time resets it, that way you don't have to move your hands (I guess that I'm lazy. Hook up my brain, my fingers are getting tired. I think that I sprained a fingernail playing that.).

Good idea, just didn't like the fact I scored most of the time by accident. I tried to lose on purpose on a round and ended up with over 2000 points.

Student
    very clean and elegant gameplay, I like it already alot. Your game section menu however is horrible took me a minute to find the game though it was on the top of the word chain

Good puzzle game. More original than most

....he's amazing!!! lesli_felix's Avatar
    Awesome.

Starts off quite difficult, i'd have first levels with one less type of square so they're easier to clear.

neat!
    I played a bit too long for my taste but that's not the fault of the game ...

nGFX

I love the days on which you release a game. Your games are like gifts.

Currently I'm nr 5 of the highscoreboard, I really started to think that it's an activity that I could let last forever, but I probably lost concentration somewhere. There we're some pretty precarious situations in my game, but I'm not sure if I got out because of luck or because of the right thinking. I tend to believe the game is solvable until eternity, but I can't put my finger on the proof. Maybe something like a reversed "four colour problem".

It's a great game, I wish it would be physically possible to carry a wooden version of it in the pocket of my jacket. I hope you can explain wether the factor luck is present and why (not?), I hope it's "not".

Thanks!

I'm not one for puzzle games, but this plays really well. I liked the smooth feel it had and the music was great.

Excellent job.

Quote Originally Posted by walnoot
    There we're some pretty precarious situations in my game, but I'm not sure if I got out because of luck or because of the right thinking. I tend to believe the game is solvable until eternity, but I can't put my finger on the proof.
    I dont know whether It could go on forever or not. As far I have played it has always ended, but I am not if it ended because I made mistake or because it just ends. New pieces are created randomly, only performing check to not make 3 in a row in the unvisible area.

I really like it. Simple and clean. My only quibble would be that I too found myself getting half of my combos by luck more than anything else, but I guess that's a problem with many puzzle game.

Great game! It really made me waste more time than I should have
    Judging from its size it could be probably easy to port it to mobile... how about a Flash Lite edition?

well done

p.s. = also thumbs up for your latest website design

Lapo
    www.gotoandplay.it
    Flash game developers community
    www.smartfoxserver.com
    Multiplayer Flash Server

Patron Saint of Beatings WilloughbyJackson's Avatar
    Great game as always Tonypa!

I agree with what other people have posted, and it would be REALLY cool if we could reset the game immediately when the game over music starts instead forcing the player to wait for the music to finish*, since I wanted to play the game again, ASAP to do better.

Is this AS 3.0?

-pXw
    * Admittedly, I quickly turned the sound off and on to get the button once or twice.

awesome game.
    agreed that the music fits the game perfectly
    also, idk if its just my computer, but i had problems after i would restart a game. i would press the play button, and then it automatically plays the game over music instead of letting me play the game