A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just been on...

Thanks

In the last one I set the camera on a 30 second exposure then walked down with a torch shining down at the floor where it meets the wall. After 6 steps I stopped, drew the arch all the way back to the floor on the other side then 6 more steps etc etc. I'm hoping I can get my bulb settings sorted out for next time because I'd like the do the same thing but all the way down the tunnel. I adjusted the levels in PS and tried to reduce the noise, but no sneakyness

wow, that is impressive (and pretty clever)

wicked. That's really cool, like it a lot. Would love to see the whole tunnel done like that too

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Really good work littleMatt, and creative as well. The first one looks like the scene from the Trash Compactor in Star Wars, very nice.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    hey littleMatt....nice stuff...I like number 5 (the second last posting, with your name) the best. The limited palette is wonderful. Looks like you tagged a Rembrandt

david
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

love something about the third from last one (yellow walls, red bucket). i think it's the colours and the lighting, the focus is quite soft too, which i think works on that one.

in the second to last one, does that guy have no legs?

where was this? just some derelict house?

Thanks carly

The second to last one is meant to be a ghosty type image, which didn't work I guess It's a long exposure with him only in for half of it.

Yeah a derelict home

no, i think it did work- he does look like a ghost. a ghost with no legs

Nikonist
    What a great location you found!
    Wonderful amorphous shots in result...how about PS'ing (desaturate, burn and dodge) a bit to bring out the detoriation a bit more?
    !!Click on your own risk!!

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Yeah, I agree with Carly, the 3rd from the last one really is nice. The bucket and the old chair really bring this photo together. Nice angle as well... The last one pulls a close second though. I just like long light captures.

Once again, some good shots.

Thanks dudes

Yeah I played with some in PS, but none of the ones I've posted here. I hoping to find somewhere with more of that cracked paint soon, it's defo got that run down feel to it!

I did quite a few long exposures, still experimenting on how the get the best out of the camera though, so not all were that great. Noise being a big issue and lack of a remote didn't help...(although I have bought and paid for one from some git on eBay who has had me waiting 5 weeks so far!)

Tell me if this is getting boring, but here are a few from last night.

This is a school that shut down in 2004 and has been absolutely trashed. Every single piece of glass is broken, every table thrown over and every draw ripped out and emptied!

Entrance to the assembly hall

Here starts my filing cabinet fetish

Hallway

Pottery room

Stairway

Hallway

Spiral stairs

Gym

Gym

Sensory perception room

This pile of rubble used to be a rowdy pub called the Propeller. People kept setting it on fire so they finally knocked it down. I set my timer and tried to get to the top, as you can see it was insurmountable in 10 seconds!

not boring at all!!

it's ridiculous how trashed that place has become in just three years. makes for interesting photos that's for sure. the second spiral stairs one is cool, as are the filing cabinets (especially the one in the gym).

really nice stuff- don't stop posting them, i'm sure i'm not the only one who's loving these

Nikonist
    4,6 and 8 are cool!
    All are not easy to take as vandalism is nothing but destroying money paid by the society...they're destroying their own cash...oh well, seems to be a cosmic problem!
    !!Click on your own risk!!

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

wow, where are you finding all these places?? I don't live near enough dereliction...

i like the filing cabinets - the second one on its side the best... I also like the stairway picture - all the eerie mint green makes me think of apocalyptic hospitals... (not that i've seen one... but i imagine it would look something like that...)

keep 'em coming, it's very not boring!

Thanks carly & frex

Yeah the mindless vandalism is pretty disgusting. Some kids really don't have anything better to do with their time. I wasn't sure we were'nt going to run into someone there. Got spooked a few times by what turned out to be slamming doors... guess that's what happens when there are no windows left

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiannonny
    wow, where are you finding all these places?? I don't live near enough dereliction...

i like the filing cabinets - the second one on its side the best... I also like the stairway picture - all the eerie mint green makes me think of apocalyptic hospitals... (not that i've seen one... but i imagine it would look something like that...)

keep 'em coming, it's very not boring!
    Thanks man

These places are everywhere, you just don't notice them. I never knew this school existed until they knocked the pub (which stood in front of it) down.

I only have this one little run down house down the street but no big warehouses or underground passages, jealous!

great shots!
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna