A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: dynamic text inside a button

dynamic text inside a button

Hi,

I've searched the the forum an the help files but didn't find a solution to this. So I hope someone here can help me.

I need to bring an old project to F8 and AS2 and there are a lot of buttons with text inside. The texts have been static and are now switched to dynamic and assigned a variable. But after that the texts aren't bold any more and the letter spaycing is gone, too. As I said, I searched the forum and read about css and embedding and so on. But my problem is that I cannot adress the textfields via AS as they are inside the buttons and embedding fonts does not solve this problem. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Tobler

hi,

Embedding the font using the property inspector should do it.
    In case it doesn't work, that should be because the font can't be embedded or doesn't have bold.
    For example, with Times New Roman or Arial it works as expected.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi nunomira,

thanks for your reply. But if I publish your example I don't see the word "something" inside of the button. If I do NOT embed the font I can see "something" but of course not bold and without letter spacing. This is my problem. I've also tried using a font created in the library as it was described somewhere, no chance. And the font I'm using is Arial. So the problem can't be due to the font.

I guess, you've published your fla too. And you can really see a bold "something"?

Tobler

yes, it was working.

I used CS3 to create the example.
    Now I opened it in Flash 8 and it didn't work.

If I publish it for FP 7, it works. For FP 8, in Flash 8, it doesn't.

Strange... some kind of bug in Flash 8 / FP 8... ?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi,

thanks nunomira, I think what you wrote let me to the point. If you publish for FP 7 you see the dynamic textfield features not supported are inactive. If you publish for FP 8 they are active but obviously still NOT supported for dynamic textfields. So, if you set letter spacing to zero, antialias for animations and uncheck the checkbox right to the dropdown-list for antialias (i forget the english expression for it), then you see "something" in FP 8 too! If you use one of these three textfield features you don't - thanks Adobe!

Greetings to portugal,
    Tobler