A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HELP!!! How do i Make Duplicate Movie Clips Different

HELP!!! How do i Make Duplicate Movie Clips Different

Newbie here,
    I took a tutorial and created a nice simple custom scrollbar. Now it said at the end of the tutorial i can gather all the elements, create 1 movie clip out of it, then use it multiple times in my own website. So i duplicated the MC renamed each one, even gave then instance names. and put one in my News section & about me section. but when i change the content in the About Me section it changes the other one as well. What am i doing wrong.
    Please help.
    Last edited by Starr714; 05-04-2007 at 01:52 AM. Reason: wrong title

Howdy, I'm guessing you duplicated on the stage. Try doing the duplicate in the Library. That way you get the same stuff, but can change the text and what not.

nope

nope,i duplicated in the library. Question, maybe i made the movie clip wrong. I created the custom scrollbar along with the content box containing the content in a seperate file. I then created a new MC then dragged all the elements (I.E. contentMC,ScrollerMC, etc.) in to that movie clip. Then i copied the new MC from the libray then copied it into the library in the new web file. Now when i pasted the new MC in the new libary where my website is, it also brought over the content MC,Scrollbar MC, etc. into the library. Was it supposed to do that?

var x:Number = 1; x /= 0;
    duplicate the base movie clip. Then it should make duplicates of all the clips inside it.
    Z¡µµ¥ D££

Soup In A Box

Im so sorry, i think im a bit confused. but im not sure how to duplicate just the base MC. Lets say i have a small Fla. file that contains a contentMC, ScrollerMC,TopBTNMC,and a BottomBtnMC in the library, and all the element from the library are layed out on the main scene to create a working scrollbar with content. Can you take me from this point how to create one movie clip, bring it into my website Fla. file, then be able to duplicate it 3 times and still be able to change the content in each one. Sorry if this is asking too much.

var x:Number = 1; x /= 0;
    okay.

You simply select everything you want in the movie clip, then you make that a movie clip and paste it into the website .fla

Then you just right click it and click "duplicate movie clip" it will duplicate all the contents inside as well. Then you just change variables of content boxes and such.

Hope it helps!

~Zippy Dee
    Ted Newman
    Z¡µµ¥ D££

Soup In A Box