A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Please help me with tonypa's vector tutorial.

Please help me with tonypa's vector tutorial.

I am reading tonypa's ball in the corner tutorial http://www.tonypa.pri.ee/vectors/tut08.html

I need it so the ball can not cross the line if the ball has lots of speed
    Could you please help me because its for a game im making.

Cheers
    Alex

O heres the fla sorry forgot to help I hope some one is smart enough to help me with this cheers.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by this.Alex; 05-04-2007 at 07:54 PM. Reason: fla wont upload?

Quote Originally Posted by this.Alex
    O heres the fla sorry forgot to help I hope some one is smart enough to help me with this cheers.
    Any help here or dont you know if no one is smart enough to help me here ill go to kuripa forum. So please help.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by this.Alex
    Any help here or dont you know if no one is smart enough to help me here ill go to kuripa forum. So please help.
    a 'please fix my file'- thread never is attractive

you need the cross product of the wall line/vector with and the speed vector- with the tutorial that should not to hard. Have you even understood the tut?

Quote Originally Posted by renderhjs
    a 'please fix my file'- thread never is attractive

you need the cross product of the wall line/vector with and the speed vector- with the tutorial that should not to hard. Have you even understood the tut?
    Yes I understand it I dont another one were the speed is slower and it works but I dont want that I need it to be faster for a pool game.

you need frame independent collision, something talked about here http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...dent+collision

but if thats too over your head, simply loop through all positions from old to current and check collision with those positions, if a hit is found, break from the loop.

it is the easiest method but will slow down the player quite allot with all the checking and mathematical functions.

a hack might be to increase the balls radius by its speed. The collision wont be accurate but at least things will hit
    lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade