Quote Originally Posted by hooligan2001
    Maya all the way baby
    nurbs whore
    lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade

Quote Originally Posted by mr_malee
    nurbs whore
    This is true

Student
    persoanally I find the interface of Maya the ugliest on the market (not very fun & intuitive to work with).
    While we are still at it,- other 3d packages worth checking out:
    3dsmax, Blender (free), XSI (aka softimage), modo, lightwave, silo, mudbox, zBrush and Cinema4d
    but those are just the basic tools,- for rendering and animation there even more tools to choose from ^^ e.g (cat, character Studio, motionBuilder, DeepUV, BodyPaint, brazil, vRay, mentalRay, renderman, ...)
    - so like I said to many tools available to choose from when starting. Most institutes and Universities however teach Maya and 3dsmax as those are booth 2 strong industry packages who already have included most average tools.

Quote Originally Posted by hooligan2001
    This is true
    might give Rhino a try,- imo. most elegant and easy to use nurbs modeler

I won't pull the thread off topic again with specific quotes and such, I'll just say:

691175002 - We will have to agree to disagree. I'll take a personal recomendation over a google search every time. My point to my post was that you are bashing someone because they asked for suggestions on a pertinent topic. Seems a legit use of the forum to me.

everfornever - You have enough ego for the entire board and then some. Rather then trying to get more egos out here, maybe you could reign yours in a bit. I'm not the first to have told you this either.

Just a quick post from me, and not totally on-topic, but I've noticed cash amounts have been popping up on the board recently.
    Un-written rule guys, let's leave amounts away from the board please, cheers.

Squize.

2KHeroes / Sylvaniah designer luxregina's Avatar
    I have to agree with the bottom-line of what Webgeek is saying - instead of bashing the OP while keeping telling him that he will fail, you could bring in the information you see fit, and explain him why what he wants to start is a difficult task : it requiers a little more thought than just a "you'll fail", but it will be far more productive in helping the OP.

Since the "heat" was revolving on payement, or lackoff, and since the OP was asking for some clues, the best I can tell him is to come up with a budget : what money your dad wants to commit to the project - this will very quickly give you the range of people you can afford, or you cannot afford for the project - that will also set some goals and priorities in what you want to do first, with that money available.
    Nobody can really give you a number : you will have as many "budgets", likley as there are different devloppers here - so, IMO, the best way to go is to decide yourself, with your prime investor, what's available ...

As a side comment, I know that RPG threads are frown upon, which can be normal in one sense, but I remind you guys that this board is for help - 5 years ago, when I was new to Flash, and to this board, I published a RPG thread, and let me tell you that the answers where far more friendly than what one can read nowadays : http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=337964

This board is about help - just don't forget it.

As for what Ever said, I heavily desagree, but that's no big news, and if he wants to know why, I send him back to :http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...=724720&page=2
    And, again, I agree with Webgeek : I don't think we need more egos on this board, I think we need less ...

well again I apologize.............sorry to offend, just never sounds the way people take it, when Im saying it in my head as I write it.

!!! Everfornever! You just broke your rule. Tsk tsk

Why hasn't this been moved or locked yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tidenburg
    Why hasn't this been moved or locked yet?
    For what reason would this thread be removed? It contains interesting and helpful posts too.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxenboy
    I'm the 13 year old artist....
    people tell me I'm good. but I know I have
    a long way to go.

It would be helpful if I could be told of a good
    3D flash tool or bitmap imaging software.

I'll practice with it and try to develop some skill.
    Swift 3D, from erain.com
    Cordially,
    Abelius
    www.worldkit.com

Quote Originally Posted by 691175002
    ... Anyways, just to add a little scale to what you want. There is only one multi player game of the scale you are looking for, and its development cost was over a million dollars. As a matter of fact, I am not even aware of a single player rpg flash game of competitive quality. I would be hard pressed to find a company that could do what you want.
    ...and which one would that be if I may ask, pretty please?
    Cordially,
    Abelius
    www.worldkit.com

If you're a beginner and don't need advanced models; SketchUp is also a very nice 3D tool. Not very much features, but easy to understand.

And Two Kingdoms is definatly an Rpg with competitive quality imo.

...and which one would that be if I may ask, pretty please?
    I know without a shadow of a doubt that Electrotank could pull it off. There are other companies that I know could do it too, but I'm not going to pimp competitors.

P.S. Woohoo, 1000th post

Without doubt that there are lots of companies who could produce it, it always just boils down to budget and time.

Although, I think Abelius may have been asking about the game rather than the company, http://www.dofus.com/

Squize.

Knows where you live
    As for the game, yes it is Dofus. Although upon some research I did after the fact, Adventure quest and all its clones would also count, considering that Adventure Quest is the game this is being modeled off.
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
    - Walter Bagehot
    The height of cleverness is to be able to conceal it.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Well it seems like everyone has flown to a different topic...

Insignificant Member Joshman_123's Avatar
    I find it funny that every response to this thread is longer than any of the OP's posts. Everyone else has hit the nail on the head. It seems like a joke...

Teenager walks into a forum and says "I'm going to make a MMORPG".

I blame Newgrounds, Runescape and World of Warcraft for posts like this. Although, I must admit that I've been there too. =/
    I have like, a gazillion posts on my other account.