A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Button which on rollout should finish the animation and stop

Button which on rollout should finish the animation and stop

So, for this button I want it to make a flashing animation from grey to red. It is supposed to play the animation in a loop, although, when I rollout with my cursor it should finish the current fading animation. Anyone who could offer some help?

And also, but I couldn't get it into the title. I want the background to be transparent. What am I overlooking?

I upped the swish file: http://home.orange.nl/mfranssen/button.swi

So if anyone could tell me what I'm overlooking or forgetting, I'd really appreciate it

Hope this helps
    Attached Files Attached Files

I hoped it did, but didn't...

The thing you made was a flashing button which stops when you rollover it. It is supposed to be the other way around and stop at the final frame when the animation is done.

Thanks for the effort though.

I got it pretty much a bit further now. I just need to know if there'd be a option/code that would check if there is still a animation in progress. More like

Play animation, on rollout, if animation is still running finish this animation and stop (or eventually go to another frame/scene)
    Last edited by Chaoschrist; 05-13-2007 at 02:45 PM.

ok, so just change the commands around and your done
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by marching crazy; 05-13-2007 at 02:47 PM.

Well, your adjustment is pretty much the same I had to start with, just more efficiently put into the file.

I need it to finish the current animation if I roll out, and then stop. It shouldn't stop at an instant. It should finish until frame 10 (or eventually hop over to frame 11) and then stop.

No the adjustment is not the same.
    Last edited by marching crazy; 05-14-2007 at 12:21 PM.

No the adjustment is not the same. So just do as you have stated in your posting. Its all there, all you have to do is move the commands around to the relavent frames.

I need it to finish the current animation if I roll out, and then stop. It shouldn't stop at an instant. It should finish until frame 10 (or eventually hop over to frame 11) and then stop.

With a bit messing around I finally got the animation to work.

this is the pretty much final thing; http://home.orange.nl/mfranssen/button_2~.swi

Thanks for the effort though

Anyway, I didn't get the transparency issue fixed, but I'll search the forum for any clues. As for the transparency, I need the white background to be transparent. The animation needed to be from grey to red. Just a transparant background so the image on the original site gets through.