fierystars
    Naldoman
    sanman
    5th
    flash4a
    GreatGooglyWoogly
    Akane
    Lauradot

if I've missed anyone, or included anyone erroneously, please post corrections. That's 15 people. A nice-sized group to get started.

Rich

Eat Rice!
    i'm not good w/characters so i can do "cleanup" work as well as help create backgrounds.

Cool stuff RiceRaver.

I've got a collection of objects I can submit, like pot plants and computers, etc..

I may not have that much stuff posted on the site, but I've got hundreds of incomplete projects with various household items I can submit.

Maybe even a few characters too..

Would it be alright to post some stuff in the thread..?

I can provide links to the .fla's too...!!

this thread has been growing quite rapidly...

i have a couple of questions...what's the setting, as in what country, city, ancient or modern, those type of things?

and my second question, is this moving going to be action, romance, tragedy, comedy, etc. If we can figure out what type it's going to be, coming up with a story will be much easier, i think

Sci-fi works best I guess, just because anything goes with it..!!

Then you can throw in all possible styles and time-periods, a la star trek!!

Well, if you have to do it, then why not do something that might be Icebox material.

Okay, disregarding any laughter at Icebox's expense, what I mean is why not do something that would be of commercial webisode quality.

I liked one submission to Tokyopop that was called "Sword of Gold" or something like that. It had this knight in various mood scenes. The short was a bit choppy, but it was really intended as a showcase of various types of ambience.

There was an intro sing-a-long scene, there was a confrontation fight scene, there was dopey goofy scene, and there was a happy ending scene.

You could do something that might be a showcase of various atmospherics.

Time to chat.

Wooho.. I'm last in the list. Tea, anyone? ;P

What I really think this project needs to get it off the ground is live chat - things will work much quicker. I dont really like FK's own chat, but something like an mIRC channel should be setup, so that all the people that are looking, but arent posting can talk to. I've done it myself.. you like an idea, but cant think of anything to add to the disscussion, so you wander off.. Month later, you think.. I wonder what happened...

Yeah, anyway. chat would be good for brainstorming.

Laura
    -x-

Eat Rice!
    We should have a poll or something where we could vote what type of setting, time period, age group, etc... maybe fk could set us up with that one. After that is set up, we could get a commitee up that will get a sketch of a story up and then we could have everybody make adjustments and such until most everybody is happy.

Beyond the Sea

I think a chat would be great.

What time is good for everybody? I think we could do it this weekend. You can download mIRC from http://www.mirc.com and it has a 30 day trial that would allow us plenty of time for getting the details all worked out.

Also, I'm with Riceraver. Anyone know how to set up a poll? Can Flashkit do it with the homepage polls? I'll fire off an e-mail to Mark.

cheers,
    Rich

Re: Time to chat.

Originally posted by Lauradot
    What I really think this project needs to get it off the ground is live chat - things will work much quicker. I dont really like FK's own chat, but something like an mIRC channel should be setup, so that all the people that are looking, but arent posting can talk to. I've done it myself.. you like an idea, but cant think of anything to add to the disscussion, so you wander off.. Month later, you think.. I wonder what happened...

Yeah, anyway. chat would be good for brainstorming.

Laura
    -x-

Yeah, that seems like a good idea -- a chat channel. I'm on DALnet, and set up a channel called #Flashanime, if anyone wants to join that. I think IRC chatting is a good way to work collaboratively.

Beyond the Sea

quick question

what is DALnet?

Eat Rice!
    DALnet is one of the chat systems you go through in mirc.

Flashkit's offical necromaster EXILED ARCHANGEL's Avatar
    we need to get the irc thing oked by cno, methinks

Yes, yes, DALNet is good. I prefer irc.fanfic.com - its a lot emptier. Less names taken, less unwanted visitors.
    I dunno what kinda time everyone else is on, but I'm GMT.. I'll be in the next two evenings if anyone wants anything to happen. Damn weekend work.
    How stupid is it that you can get paid 4.50 an hour at weekends, and work your arse off, and get offered office work with the starting rate of 15 pounds, but offices dont open weekends?
    Oh fickle world.

Hope to see you lot later..

I agree that it's a good idea - seems like Sanman has the technical knowhow - is it possible to log the chat sessions, so people who can't attend will be able to pull down a text archive?
    Additionally, after we agree on specs - that's probably the time to split into 3 major focuses - story development, character design, and conceptual art/environments.
    Good time to decide on polls and "behind the scenes" stuff here - if anyone knows of any good places to host polls and post images for review, or wants to volunteer to host, feel free to send me an e-mail.

If you're interested....

Your project sounds intriguing... if you're interested, I've got a varied multimedia background (audio/video, 3D animation, flash, director, etc). I'd be glad to jump in.

Originally posted by CNO
    I agree that it's a good idea - seems like Sanman has the technical knowhow - is it possible to log the chat sessions, so people who can't attend will be able to pull down a text archive?
    Additionally, after we agree on specs - that's probably the time to split into 3 major focuses - story development, character design, and conceptual art/environments.
    Good time to decide on polls and "behind the scenes" stuff here - if anyone knows of any good places to host polls and post images for review, or wants to volunteer to host, feel free to send me an e-mail.
    Sure CNO, any one of us can switch on the logging feature on their MIRC client, and log down the chat discussions. Easy as pie.

Chatting is nice, because it's realtime, and so we can work more comfortably that way. And IRC is a nice place to hang out and share knowledge.

Heh... I've been lurking here for awhile now (mostly in the Flash5 areas) but it took this thread to actually get me to register.

CNO: I'd love to be a part of this project. Anything that I can contribute I would be more than happy to. Just say the word.

For the record, I'm running Flash4 and Flash5 on a Win2K box, as well as Photoshop, Bryce4, 3DStudio Max, Sound Forge, ReBirth, etc. etc. etc... Okay, now I'm rambling...

Anyhoo, count me in! (That is, if you're still accepting "members"). Thanks! Sounds like a fantastic project!

Eat Rice!
    This looks to be a very good project. I think that after we split off into the 3 groups like CNO has suggested, i think we should then pick "representatives" that will do the reporting and such so that everything put out is official.

Cool. Everyone is welcome to join - be sure to hop into the chat room that's being set up as we speak.

Laura, sanman, Riceraver, whoever is setting this up, please just post some details about how to access the server (through MIRC or otherwise...), decide who is going to log the chats (and we should all decide when to meet "officially"), or e-mail me and I'll put something together.

I'm interested in putting my focus toward heading character design, and contributing guidance and input into the other aspects, but let's get something solid first.

Keep up the good work and good pace all.