A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Animation Project

VOTE NOW!!!
    I've found a voting booth from the same people who host my chat page..

It's at multicity.com

It's working!! So go vote!!!! Now!!

Click here to vote!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou in advance for voting!!
    CHEERS!!!!!

John
    [Edited by ThundaCHUnK on 12-30-2000 at 03:59 AM]

Beyond the Sea

AWSOME!

Great job, Thundachunk! Now get out there and vote! (It can't be worse than the US Presidential election) I think this will be a great project!

YEP.. It's all happening..!!

If you'd like to suggest another subject, I don't mind you posting on my board, I can pull off the most popular and post them all together here...

Cheers again for voting people....

Beyond the Sea

Ok...I finally got the hang (sort of) of mIRC

I managed to get to the #Flashanime channel on DALnet. So, if I can do it, anyone can What does everyone say to chatting tomorrow? When do the polls close for the theme? Let's kick this thing!

I've given the poll a month, it'll shut itsleft down come Jan 31st 2001...

Here's the results so far....

67% Science fiction

33% Modern day...

Hmmm.. Interesting..

Go vote now!!
    [Edited by ThundaChunk on 12-30-2000 at 05:05 AM]

I think the poll options need to be a bit more clearly defined (now that we have one up, thanks Thundachunk)

Example:
    Genre
    Action
    Romance
    Sci-fi
    Horror
    Drama
    Comedy

Time Period]
    Medevial
    Edo
    Ancient
    Future
    Present
    1980s

Please, do add...

And I will try to find the chat room sometime today...

Flashkit's offical necromaster EXILED ARCHANGEL's Avatar
    wich dalnet

Beyond the Sea

I'm not on my computer, so this may not be completely accurate.

First, for those of you who don't have mIRC, download it (about a 1.2 MB download) and install it. Once it's installed, open it up and you'll have some options. The only thing I changed here was my name, e-mail address and the nickname I would use.

Now, there should be a drop-down menu right inside this options dialog box that will allow you to select which server you will connect to. Scroll down until you see DALnet. Then, there should be a button right below it that says something like "connect to server". Click on that and you're on DALnet. Now, you have to connect to a channel. In one of the menus there should be a command called "join channel". Select that option and another dialog box will come up. In the first field, simply type in #flashanime. This should jump you into the #flashanime channel or create the channel if it doesn't already exist (i.e. if no one is in it already).

Then we can chat away.

If this doesn't work, let me know. I'll be on later today.
    Rich

Flashkit's offical necromaster EXILED ARCHANGEL's Avatar
    there are several diffrent vertions of dalnet

No, there is only one DALnet, but you can log onto one of the many servers that are available for it.

So go ahead and logon! We'll be waiting for you!

great ! i'm a dalnet user =)
    my nickname is Lanma on dalnet, i hope i'll meet you all around
    i am going to have fun for the 31th dec
    see you soon !

Moderator - Anime Curator Naldoman's Avatar
    After escaping the twilight zone at DIA, I have at last returned home, and am playing catch-up on the Project: Flash Kit Anime notes.

I'm downloading DALNET and will give it a try. Brain is kinda dry on ideas, but I can listen, at least. Also I will post the Tween Racer Episode player by tonight so you can play any episode you want to see.

Patron Saint of Beatings WilloughbyJackson's Avatar

I'll have to pass for now

I'm still just learning Flash and trying to get into University right now, so I'll mostly be concentrating on stuff I've created and after that... back to the world of MUGEN...

Sorry...

If you need any plot ideas, twists or character personality things... I can help out... Just e-mail me.. Beyond that...

Currently, I'm precoding Ultra Battle Girl Mika... (A very unique flash game... hopefully...)...

-pXw

Hey Naldo, you said DIA? Do you live in Denver? I live in Highlands Ranch.

Holy smoke! And I live in Littleton! Okay, this is just weird... heh, I flew into DIA the day after X-mas, what a horror!

Hey Fever, Welcome to FlashKit! There are actually quite a few of us from Colorado - I know RiceRaver also lives here.

Eat Rice!
    Naldoman was in Denver visiting his parent's. He lives in a different state, arizona i think. I live in Colorado though. Governer's Place/Ranch area in littleton by SW Plaza Mall.

I was stuck at DIA for 2 days trying to get a stand-by flight back to Phoenix. I found some free web access stations in the concourses and spent time posting notes on Flash Kit. Riceraver saw them and said "hi", but I was still stuck in the Twilight Zone. Now I am back in the heat---ahh!!

Didn't realize so many Flashers were in the Mile High City!

Maybe they'll put some of those stations in shopping malls soon, they worked pretty well! Now surfing the web is as easy and convenient as making a phone call!

Beyond the Sea

Alright

Sanman and I were on the chat tonight, we came up with a great topic for the animation. Let's parody anime. Check out this page for a great start parodying the standard anime cliches:
    http://www.shogo-mad.com/anime/anime_laws.asp

Let's parody everything! From Akira to Pokemon! From GI Joe to Transformers! From Sailor Moon to Ranma 1/2 to Mobile Suit Gundam! We can create the ultimate hero character who stumbles through these parody worlds and blows away everything in sight.

Sound good? What are your ideas?

cheers and Happy New Year!
    Rich

ANIME HISTORY LESSON (1984-1986)

Kraken have you ever seen the 1986? Daicon IV opening animation?

Daicon was the national science-fiction and anime convention of Japan (dunno if that's still true). It was held every two years, and each time, there was a short animation produced by independent or professional animators in their spare time to welcome the convention attendees and kick off the convention.

"Dai con" means "big convention", but it's also the name of a vegetable, a large white radish that looks like a mutant carrot. The animators played on this funny coincidence for the animations in 1984 and 1986, producing two classic anime shorts. Each one parodies classic themes in science fiction from JAPAN and the USA.

In DAICON III Film, a school girl is harassed by two thugs who want her "magic spring water" which she is taking to the "daicon" plant to make it grow. After a short chase, she uses a rocket in her school backpack to elude the thugs. But the thugs call in heavy-duty support in the form of Godzilla, an army of laser tanks, the lobster-thing from Ultraman, aggressive superhero types and a Star Destroyer with T.I.E. fighters!! The attack knocks the little girl out of control. As she falls groundward, she recalls her special mission and makes a safe (and humorous) landing. Pulling out a light-sabre, she leaps into action, making short work of some monsters, then launches a missile barrage on the rest! Scenes of total annihilation follow, as all equipment is destroyed (including the Enterprise, orbiting Earth!). Finally, she is at peace to pour the spring water on the "daicon" which transforms the vegetable into a huge starship! The little girl assumes command as captain and the starship sails away!

continued in next post...