A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Wallop...anyone developing mods?

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar

Wallop...anyone developing mods?

I don't know i anyone remembers the Wallop press release here a few months back but I applied for a developer account invite which was granted but have otherwise sat on it like an egg in a nest.

I looked at the API's briefly but as I recall they weren't really suitable for my type of server side flavor but I wonder if any Flashers in here are creating mods for that community or have sold any?

I must get two emails a week from them (that seem like bait to supply their mod shop instead of frankly stated dev emails) and the more I get them the more I think I'm not that fascinated with closed communities and while it's good looking flash itself, I may just walk and turn in my set of keys.

Anyone in that system have anything good to say?

I wanted to know what the big deal was before I even looked at anything program-wise about it.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

never heard of it until now.

id prefer to make my own wallop than to figure out their code and make widgets for it.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    I wanted to mention mainly because I have invites I haven't used and will most likely walk myself. It seems to like the visual Flash coder and I'm more of a server side coder and after briefly scanning the dev API's there isn't really any control over what data I get to tap and what they offer for tapping isn't really in keeping with the things I usually make so it's wasted opportunity on me.

I found mention of this only today on frogdesign.com and from what I've seen it looks aesthetically appealing. I’d like to get in and have a look around, but unfortunately I doubt I have the experienced required to contribute anything to the project in the way of mods.
    Using: Flash Professional 8 | Flash Player 8/9 | Actionscript 2 | PHP 5.1.6 | MySQL 5.0 |

Latest Helpful Links: XML Dropdown Menu - How To Use Fusekit

I am doing mods for them, and I like the network and the feel of it.

Another thing I like is that (as of now) 90% of the users are Chinese...
    Cordially,
    Abelius
    www.worldkit.com

Hmm, guess I wasn't clear what it was. I probably could have ported the cultureplayer over quite easily.