A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3D CUBE with colored sides - posted for the TENTH time

Banned

Hi Gerbick

Thanks For Ur Response But I Wanted Something More Specific Like Some Actual Code.do I Use Begin Fill Or End Fill?

Featured Flash question 01
    Featured Flash question 02
    Feature Flash question 03
    Feature Flash question 04
    Feature Flash question 05
    Feature Flash question 06
    Feature Flash question 07
    Feature Flash question 08
    Feature Flash question 09
    Feature Flash question 10

You also have a Load Vars question in your history that's just too dang numerous to count.

Allow me to make this clear. Posting your questions, the very same question, over and over is against the rules. I don't care how much you want to type in all caps - which is considered YELLING on the internet - or how you want to say that you "have rights too"... I enforce the rules here at Flashkit. I can make each and every one of your multiple posts, since I've now been made fully aware of it now, disappear.

As well as your account.

Now... here's where I make you a deal that you shouldn't refuse.

You stick all of your 3D cube questions into this thread. And only this thread. This appears anywhere else on the Flashkit website; you will no longer have an account. And each time you attempt to sign back up for an account, I will immediately remove your ability to post due to your blatant inability to understand one simple rule: do not multiple post.

It's just that easy. Follow the rule, or lose your account. I have no more time to waste chasing down your multiple posts.

To respond, hit "Post Reply". Do not use "Post New Thread".

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Robotkin
    Thanks For Ur Response But I Wanted Something More Specific Like Some Actual Code.do I Use Begin Fill Or End Fill?
    What is the source of your code? Where did you get it? Post a link, in this thread.

Banned

My Source Code

MY source code is from my Rosenzweigs ActionScript Book,which i have already posted in the above thread

Banned

re thanks for ur alpha tip

thanks for ur alpha tip i shall give it a try in conjunction with begin fill

Banned

re ur favorite pest

i was reading one of ur other threads on 3d gerbick and from what i can gather ur colored sides were made up of different movie clips imported in to the script.Is that the only way of creating 3d colored cube?
    alan

This what you're trying to do?

If so, I just used something I forgot I had purchased... Flashloaded's 3D Box Component... in like 3 minutes.

Banned

Thanks Gurbick Ur A Star

Thats Exaactly What I Want
    Thanks And I Shall Follow Ur Source
    Alan

Banned

I meant Thanks Gerbick

Sorry i just realised i mispelled UR name.

Banned

By The Way!!!!!!!!!!

I realise the 3d component would create a professional colored cube and when i get some cash i shall consider purchasing it,however I really wanted to acheive exactly that result via just ActionScript.Is that possble.Tahts all I really want to know
    Alan

http://gorillafarm.com/tutorial/box/box.fla

there's the *.fla file.

If I'm reading your code correctly, your example script has only two movieclips... one for points - the corners - and one for lines... nothing for faces.

That box would be empty. And you'd need much more work to add flat faces that rotate and have an alpha.

Simply put... I'd locate a better version if you're doing it all in AS.

Banned

Thanks Gerbick

You just clarified one major issue for me.That is that you have confirmed by ur last message that The Cube can indeed be created all in ACTIONsCRIPT.Now at least I know that my goal is Acheivable without the need to use a 3d external tool.I shall try to work out a function that creates the colored sides.Presumably i can use attach movie to do this although my ideal was to use begin fill and end fill as to me the whole point of the exercise was to create the colored cube using only Script and not existing clips
    Alan
    p.s i shall check my e-mail in a few hours if u can be bothered to reply

Banned

RE gorillafarm,box,tutorial

Hi Gerbick,for some reason i could not access the box tutorial you sent me.I have Flash 5 or it could be because i opened it on my home computer which is not on line.For what ever reason i was wondering if you could just send me the script.Also have you any book recomendationds on flash 3d? That would save me pestering you at all
    alan

I have Flash 8. I don't have any way to save it any lower than Flash MX 2004, quite honestly.

As far as Flash and 3D; very good question. Flash Math Creativity is a good one, but it barely dives into 3D, more into bezier and math manipulations and oddities.

Banned

What A Bout A 3d Book Recomendation?

I have finally got the hang of using this website thanks to ur pesistance with me.I now understand how to use the threads.
    Can u recommend a 3d book ,GERBICK?
    ALAN

No, I can not think of any really.

Banned

Thanks

O.k