A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Dynamic E-Card Question

Dynamic E-Card Question

I want to know if this is even possible, and should i try it or have it outsourced...

I want to create an ecard that i can send to prospects, that when they click a link in the email, sends them to a flash presentation that is personalized for them by dynamic content (have their name and interests appear, etc).

Is this something that is going to be HEAVY in actionscript, or something that I can accomplish with relatively little maintenance...

Thoughts?

Jesse
    FLASH? You didn't give me no beads!!!

Get Squared Away.
    The answer to your question depends on how comfortable you feel handling this project. My first suggestion is that if you're not sure how to do it or if it is even possible, then you should outsource it. My second suggestion is that if you are comfortable with AS there could be a pretty simple solution to what you are trying to achieve.

Without getting too detailed...you could send your client a link to your presentation like
    Code:
    http://yourpresentation.com/presentation.swf?name=client_name&company=client company&interests=client interests
    Then in flash you would read those variables that were passed in thru the URL and use those in your flash movie.

This way by customizing the URL you send to clients you are customizing the presentation they will see.

Hope this points you in the right direction

Josiah