A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Image Help

Image Help

Hey guys, I haven't posted anything in a long time here, but I have a problem that I would like to know the solution to. Here is what I need to be able to do:

1: Let any user upload an image
    2: Scale the image to a predefined size
    3: The user then selects points on the image, and certain things (proprietary things ) happen...which are easy to figure out.
    4: Maybe....not necessary at this point, a file is written out with results.

Seems to me like flash is a good way to go. my other languages are only FORTRAN, and I'm not certain imaging stuff is possible in that. Anyways, i would greatly appreciate any help, image stuff, and upload stuff is not my area of expertise.

Thanks a lot,

Hi,

The first thing that you can't do here with Flash is allow a user to upload an image. This will require some sort of server-side scripting. After that, the rest isn't probably too hard, except again Flash won't be able to 'save-out' the image without some kind of server-side script. Flash is really only a front-end technology.
    "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Sir Isaac Newton

I guess even if the user was allowed to select between various pictures to display, that might work as well. (i.e. not necessarily upload a picture, but select from pictures in a certain folder on the hard drive).

Would that be do-able?

Thanks again,

Hi,

Again, this just isn't possible without some other sort of technology. Sorry.
    "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Sir Isaac Newton