A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Can you guys help me with billing

Can you guys help me with billing

First of all hi to all flashkit members old and new.
    I know its been a long time but I see nothing has changed.
    Now if you guys help me with some reasurance..so I was asked to create a webpage for a private med company. Here is what Ive done so far.

1. Installed MODX as a CMS.
    2. Created 2 separate websites each one with 6 separate CSS designs for people to choose from
    3. One of the site has 75 pages of information each one with images and text
    4 The seccond site has about 30 webpages with images and text.
    5. User management with permissions who can post articles and who can post news, administrator accounts with appropriate permissions.
    6. Private login directory or as they call it VPN with WebCalendar having 6 public calendars as well a personal calendars. I also configured the user and admin permissions.
    7. PHP FTP manager for uploading and downloading document files with secure login and appropriate user management
    8. Register the domain name and change the DNS servers.

so the whole thing took month and a half. Each time they would look at the site and change the design. Finaly I sit down with them and spend 6h on the computer untill they were happy.

so how much should I charge them now... Will 3000$ be a fare price.

ms

how many hours did you spend on it? 1.5 months could have been 5 hours or 150 hours depending on how much you worked on this.

at least 2-3h a day including weekends.
    Last edited by Mad-Sci; 06-01-2007 at 02:53 PM.

It's against the rules to discuss prices here. But, I'll give you my 10 cents by pm if you're interested.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

So take your 3 hours a day, time 30 or so days, times your rate, add a percentage for inconvenience and overhead.

If you worked 3 hrs a day for 45 days straight that would be 135 hrs. Then if you charge then x that would equal out to $z an hour- now do you think that is how much you're worth?

You should of worked out hourly rate or project cost up front. Now if you over charge them they already have the site and will just tell you to **** off.

good luck.

<edited> seriously do not discuss pricing </edit>
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

well the deal was for x$ the problem is that they keep changing things..we dont like this we dont like that we need this..now they say additional 30 pages are needed..I should draw a line no..

but if it is against rules to ask for billing you can send me some base line price as PM no problem.

<edited>

Dude, if the initial contract was for $x, you need to take a look at it. If there was breach of contract (which it doesn't sound like, as it was agreed by you) then you could go after them. It sounds like you should just invoice them for whatever you think is fair for the extra hardship, but if they only pay $3,000 I don't think you have a leg to stand on.

again

Ok just spoke with them on the phone. Basically I said that I believe that the work Ive done so far cost x amount and any additional work design or programming will have a separate charge. To my surprise they have agreed and asked that I train one of their people to work withe the CMS..With this the deal was sealed and I will be getting the check. Thank you all for the input it was most helpfull.

Thanx.
    ms

pS for thouse who are in the same position read this good article.
    http://www.stanford.edu/~kwillis/blo..._calculat.html

As FL stated
    It's against the rules to discuss prices here.

I have no problems using the ban button against any registered member who fails to comply with fk rules.

Thread closed.