A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Who will Apple sue next?

Who will Apple sue next?

I assume it'll be these people (see below)

View original here

View original here

Similar box design.

oh well... my search for a new motherboard may have yielded a few results today.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Very suspicious... although Final Cut Studio doesn't have Vista Ready written in the corner

apple sauce makers
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

What kind of system you looking to build? This is the precious I have my eyes on- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131011

I love ASUS but is there any other mobo that would steer me away?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I love ASUS as well... and that's one very nice motherboard dude. I can't find too many faults with it.

I'm just going to build an inexpensive machine... it could be a generation or two behind for all I care. this might do the trick... all it needs to do is process incoming and outgoing data...

That is a sweet little mobo, onboard dvi- nice.. I trust Asus and they always put out quality products so I think I will be sticking with that mobo as my pick for my new system. Hell I am even getting the Asus brand for my video card.

Need that sweet little DX10 on there so it can run Crysis when that drops. Any word on DX10 being ported to XP like they promised? I REALLY don't want to get Vista.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

You're gonna need Vista... DirectX 10 ain't coming to WinXP via Microsoft. Alky Project might bring that; but the dude is like 19 and on his own basically.

I guess I will be upgrading to Vista whenever Crysis comes out *shudders*

Were upgrading our other pcs to vista soon. :P
    I hate how much it costs for like nothing extra but meh, wat r u gonna do

Gerbick, if a pc uses DDR2 PC2 BLAH, BLAH, etc. Then does the RAM you buy have to be exactly the same type? Or just DDR2?
    Im thinking of putting my old RAM into my brothers computer so its vista ready...

the motherboard has to support the same ram type. Like my mobo now takes DDR400(pc3200) but my new mobo takes DDR2800(pc6400) so I can't just throw my old stuff in there and it will work. Some motherboards are even picky if you get the right ram but the timing is off etc. Double check before you go around mix matching parts.

Well my current RAM is:
    DDR2 PC2-4100
    So does that mean that any RAM I use must be exactly that type or just begin DDR2 PC2 or even just DDR2? I hope you get what I mean.

wow I havent speced a Pc in so long I've lost track of what and who's hot. Been so happy with my dells I just havent felt the need.

Well then...
    Before I hand this hi-jacked thread back to gerbick (sorry) Ive search and cant find
    DDR2 PC2-4100 for sale. So I'm just gonna buy 2 sticks of DDR2 PC2-4200
    Which I hope will be compatible. They will won't they?
    See here:
    http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/list...DRII/list.html
    My pc:
    http://uk.emachines.com/support/prod...es&model=E4036

That should work. 533mhz DDR2 RAM = PC4200. It should be compatible without incident.

I'd avoid ever mixing different types with DDR2 though. DDR was a bit less picky, I've had a bit of a horror with mixing DDR2.

K. Thanks for the advice, RAM is really cheap on this site so im gonna order some now :P

--:EDIT:--

Is there anything specific I should look for? It appears there more to RAM than the number of bytes...
    Will the DIMM type etc cause any conflicts?
    Last edited by tidenburg; 06-01-2007 at 03:25 PM.

has to be the same pin # either 184 or 240 is the most common. Get the lowest timing possible too.