A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I made some games I would like you to rate.

I made some games I would like you to rate.

please goto my website and rate my games I would like to make improvements to the games. If you have any ideas for one of my games post it.

http://www.kjb999.com/

I would say these games are very simple.. Seems like they are just made by following a tutorial. But thats not bad! Its a good start, but you may want to make them "yours", by maybe making some better graphics, and making the games more "complete"..
    I don't have a photograph, but you can have my footprints. They're upstairs in my socks.

Pumpkin Carving 2008 ImprisonedPride's Avatar
    I eased Clammy... like 10300 points or something... other than that, just listen to what Tiger said.
    The 'Boose':
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 TUF
    Intel Core i7-2600K Quad-Core Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz Overclocked to 4.2GHz
    8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3
    ASUS ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 1GDDR5 (Overclocked to 1.1GHz)
    New addition: OCZ Vertex 240GB SATA III SSD
    WEI Score: 7.6

Elvis...who tha f**k is Elvis? phreax's Avatar
    Yeah, it looks like you want to do something *****ious here, with the way the site is set up and the highscores and all. The more *****ious you are the more critical you need to be! First off you need to make the games something you would find fun to play yourself! If you make games that looks like every standard game on the web, you need to innovate in one way or another! Make humouristic elements that surprises the user, like if it's a Space Invaders clone, you make up a story about how all your kitchen tools have come to life, and you now have to save the earth from kitchen tools everywhere. This also makes for some fun graphics and sounds!

So all in all, try to make the games less generic, attach some fun storylines, take a step back, and see what you can do to make the games more appealing and be extremely critical.

Hope it helps...this is really meant as positive feedback, so I hope it comes across that way

Que? Is "s e r i o u s" a bad word?
    Last edited by phreax; 06-19-2007 at 04:26 AM. Reason: que?
    Streets Of Poker - Heads-Up Texas Hold'em Poker Game

I'm curious
    What can I say! Think twice before you start a thread in this forum. There are hungry sharks waiting for fresh blood.
    Don't hate! Love!

Sharks? Im a tiger! *Grr*

But no, seriously, he asked how he could improve his games, and got some answers. My criticism is meant in a good way
    I don't have a photograph, but you can have my footprints. They're upstairs in my socks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tormenter
    What can I say! Think twice before you start a thread in this forum. There are hungry sharks waiting for fresh blood.
    Don't tell me!