A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: pc crashes while rendering

pc crashes while rendering

hi all
    i wonder if anyone can help!
    i am currently rendering a medical syringe driver movie in swift 3d using the raster option,swift 3d works really well on the system as its up to date has a good graphics card (geforce7300) latest drivers and 4gb of ram
    Even having tweaked the system, i find that when rendering a scene of around 120 frames,i can only get as far as between 35-50 when the pc switches itself off.Its gotten to the point where we have tried for days to render the movie.We have doubled the virtual memory and other tweaks to helps.including rendering in safe mode with the same results. ie the pc switches itself off with no warning....
    I am now trying to render the movie 10 frames at a time... and have even tried to buy another version for my wifes mac in desperation but electric rain arent the easiest of peeps to purchase off when you are in the UK and they keep telling you that your internet service provider email address is a free one!!
    As this is a piece of medical equipment i have had to design a syringe to be used with the driver i have used the transparent bit map texture and am wondering if this could be part of the problem as rendering of the syring section is laboriosly slowwww
    any help greatfully received
    by the way the pc is running on xp..... we did have vista but was awful.. we have gone back to xp which has helped...
    any help or tips greatfully appreciated!

we have just managed to finish by rendering 10 frames at a time, then cancelling, then starting from next frame using generate all and this seems to have worked......
    thanks to anyone who took the time to read me blethering on!

I had that problem with earlier builds of Swift3D... if you haven't, upgrade to the last build of Swift3D. You can get that via a product update within the product.

It's been a while since I've had that problem though.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Also, you shouldn't have to cancel anything. You should be able to select a range of frames and then hit the 'generated selected' button. You can then 'export selected' over on the right.

But yeah, I would definitely recommend upgrading to the latest build as previously mentioned.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..