A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: When i add a background in flash, it distorts my 3d Object :S

When i add a background in flash, it distorts my 3d Object :S

http://ftp1.dns-systems.net/~msjonline/

i made a spinning book in the above website. for some reaosn the edges come distorted..this looks real annoying.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Any help will be deeply appriciated. Thanks guys!

I am assuming you are using Swift3D and exporting to .SWF with a white background. If that is the case you can either try making the background match the darker blue of the background it will be displayed on top of, which will help with the white halo. Or you can export to sequential .PNG's instead of .SWF. You'll get a separate image for each frame of the animation, but it will be a lot cleaner.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

.png's would make the size increase right? Can i add the background in swift? Or does it have to be in Flash?

If you can get the right look then sure, you can add it in Swift3D. If you do that then you won't have to worry about exporting to .PNG either, since it's the transparency that's causing the halo.

And yes, since I would recommend outputting at max quality for the best results, exporting to sequential .PNG's does tend to be slightly larger in file size. You can control the output quality in Flash though, so I prefer to go that route.
    mrush

Oh ok thanks, how do i add the background in swift? thx for the help

What do you want it to look like?
    mrush

Want it to have the same colour as on the website, just minus the low quality on the edges

To create this example I just put a large plane primitive behind the product box and gave it a solid grey material with no highlights. I then turned shadows off on all the lights (I just adjusted the two default trackball lights a little bit) and rendered out to .SWF at almost full quality.

It might take a couple of attempts to get the right color since the lighting will change it a little bit, but once you do, just import that into Flash then use the Eyedropper to pick up the background color. Transfer this to a solid shape that you place behind the imported clip. And if you are making that logo in Photoshop then you can transfer the RGB values to that background as well so it will also match.
    mrush

Oh ok, ill try this method thanks! Is there anyother way of rendering it?

how do i switch off shadows and higltes? and enure the plain does not shine?

When you select a light you'll see it's properties up in the Properties Toolbar on the upper left. Just uncheck them. To get rid of the highlight, double-click the preview window on the Material page of the Properties Toolbar and move the Highlight slider all the way to the left.

I'm not sure what you mean by another way of rendering it.
    mrush

thx dude!