A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Shift + Tab

Shift + Tab

Not sure if anyone else knew this, but holding shift while you press tab moves your code back when you do a block tab. Just found it out by accident. I always wondered if there was a way to do it.

That is all.

shift+tab should do the opposite of tab in most cases. Like moving backwards through forms.

lol!

Why do I always miss the little things.

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis F5
    Why do I always miss the little things.
    Because you are a Windows user. They breed mouse jockeys...

Learning keyboard shortcuts will increase your overall productivity greatly.

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EVPohovich
    Being a Windows user doesn't make you miss stuff like this. I always thought it was just common knowledge. My grandma figured it out without anyone showing her.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

I don't know if being a Windows user is it. I use shortcuts all the time. The keys on the left-hand side of my keyboard are actually wearing out. This tab thing is just another one that slipped under the radar, I suppose.

Learning keyboard shortcuts will increase your overall productivity greatly.
    I'd use all keyboard shortcuts too if I only had one button. But as it is my mouse has 10 so...

it's really about hand placement with me, if I'm already typing a shortcut is fine, if my hands on the mouse and the cursor is close to what I need I'll use that. There's plenty of exceptions for both of those.

I often wonder how much time I have wasted by not using keyboard shortcuts. Or how much time has been stolen from me waiting for sites on thefwa.com to preload... Probably about 2 years for the latter.

Yeah.

Probably close to the same amount of time your going to spend waiting for pages to check in with all of their ad trackers before you can view the damn page in the next year. I can't tell you how many times I've scrolled down a page before it finished loading only to be popped back to the to top the second analytics finally responds.

It's almost pointless to track load time since the very thing tracking it is what makes it lag.
    </minirant>

Banned
    I really love the Mac smart mouse which has one button, doesnt right click, and other mac mice where the little wheel breaks 2 seconds after using it and still doesn't right click.

High five Apple!

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Just another reason you are not taken seriously here... The Apple mouse design is horrid, absolutely horrid!! The one button mouse/trackpad button design (and lack of 10-key pad) is my largest gripe about the MacBook Pro. I don't need to hold down another key in addition to my mouse button to get a menu.

Do you sometimes say "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" and not know why?

And just for the record, I have a MS 5 button mouse for my Mac, and am upgrading to the Logitech G5 as this MS mouse is on it's last leg. I got Kristi the laptop version of the G5 for her new HP Core 2 Duo and it absolutely ROCKS!

I love the Mighty Mouse, but my scroll ball always stopped scrolling vertically. On the eighth or so cleaning of it, I couldn't find any cloths to wash it with, so I used a wet finger instead. Destroyed the touch-sensor mechanics; now clicking anywhere results in a middle-click.

Also, am I the only Mighty Mouse owner who had the scroll ball change colour on me? It went blue after the first couple of months.
    http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/
    You know you want to.

and am upgrading to the Logitech G5 as this MS mouse is on it's last leg. I got Kristi the laptop version of the G5 for her new HP Core 2 Duo and it absolutely ROCKS!
    me likey! Adjustable weight too.

Skill_Unabletospell_guy skill_guy101's Avatar
    The Mighty Mouse does have a right click but is only set by default to work on certain Apple apps. The scroll wheel is really annoying as it broke within days but i do like to squeeze it. However, I'm fussy enough to want an 'Apple of white' coloured mouse.
    I like good music.