A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 1st Post-Need help with menus....

1st Post-Need help with menus....

Ok I just got a new Samsung Sync and wanted to know if I could get some help on changing something on the phone.

Ive found out that the menus are built with flash and want to change the colors and maybe add a little graphic here and there, as changing colors or themes is out of the question because Samsung in all there wisdom decided that we shouldnt be able to change colors or themes. I have a decompiler and a flash editing program. So here is what I got so far: The files are *.swf, so I decompile them to *.fla files so that I can alter them. After I change the color and export back to *.swf and upload to my phone the menu is all messed up and unusable. I have made sure that all the items in the *.swf are being decompiled, ie. action scripts, shapes, fonts, frames, buttons, sprites, well you get the picture. Anyway Im lost somewhere so any help is greatly appreciated.

A quick answer to this question would be where to find a program that would allow me to alter the *.swf without first decompiling it. That way nothing is lost betwen programs. OR A program that will open the file, decompile it and export back all in one. I really dont know much about this.

Again Thanks For Any Help!!!

I will send the menu file to anyone that would like to take a look at it to see what Im working with. If you have a Sync and a data cable I can show you how to get the file off your phone. Again Thanks!

Actually, Flash Kit frowns quite heavily on discussion involving the decompiling of .SWF's for any reason.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

While you are asking a personally legitimate question about modifying Flash content for a phone, it is not appropriate to discuss hacking of phones or decompiling of SWFs.

FlashKit asks that you refrain from discussing subjects related to hacking phones and decompiling swfs for which you do own the intellectual property rights to.

I am closing this thread.