I'm creating a separate assets.swf that contains all of the graphics to be used in my main.swf. There are quite a few graphics. I'd like to be able to dynamically create instances of each of them in my custom class files, which would require an import of a class definition, which means I'd have to write a separate .as class file for each graphic, then export each one for actionscript in the assets.swf. This would be a huge pain, especially if I want to be able to add and remove graphics from being exported.

So.. it would be nice to have all of my graphics to be on their own frame in a big "export" movie in the assets.swf. Then I could "export for actionscript" on just that clip, create instances of it in my custom classes (used by main.swf), and tell each instance to go to the particular frame i need to display the right graphic.

Finally, my question is this: will a bunch of instances of this rather large "export" clip take up lots of memory, or will flash player just use the memory required by the frame that the clip is sitting on? I can't afford to have each graphic I instantiate taking up the memory of all my grahics combined.

Would there be a better way to get the graphics from my assets.swf and be able to use them in custom classes without having a class definition file imported for each graphic? Thanks for any help!