A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Copying layers from one SWF to another!

Copying layers from one SWF to another!

Hi, i am just a beginner! I have a walkman phone from sony ericsson,which support swf files in standby.
    Some flash files ,show artist,song & album information (track id details of mp3 being played)
    Now what i want to do is to have that swf file(layers & action script from FLA) to be pasted into another standby flash files....i tries copying all frames and copied to anew layer in the second stand by,then exported as flash movie...but track id not displayed ,i badly want a way out...Please ,please help

(i can attach them ,if needed!)

Please ,i badly NEED HELP OUT HERE this must be a place of FLASH experts

If you are copying from the FLA file to a new FLA file, you may not be copying everything you need. Check the the Movie Explorer and see where there are Actions that you may need to copy over along with the frames/layers you are already copying over.

If you only have the SWF file and you are trying to make a new FLA file out of it, you may not have as much luck unless you knew some of the variables they used to make the original FLA. If you did, you could create a wrapper FLA file and have that SWF file load inside it -- see some of the tutorials on here about loading external SWFs, and furthermore, controling those external SWFs.

Not sure if thats what you're asking for or not.

I HAVE the FLA file!i will try what you said,tnx a lot
    but,my doubt is that,where to copy action frame,is it to a new layer?but its not working that way