A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Maya swf Texture?

Maya swf Texture?

I've been looking at Swift 3D but then found out that Maya uses RAViX. I tried rendering an animation of the solar system in Maya using Vector settings, but the textures don't render. The planets just appear as solid colored circles. Can Maya render textures to a swf that can then be imported to Flash?

If you render to vector then raster textures won't show up. That's just the way it is. The only thing that shows up in a vector render is actual mesh geometry or you can assign specific faces to separate surface groups. Something like a planet texture isn't going to show up, though.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

So I can't render a textured model/animation for a swf/Flash? Some of the Swift 3D models/animations I've seen are textured, I'm just wondering how to get it do so in Maya since it has RAViX. Thank you.

You can export a raster render as .SWF. Just because the format is .SWF, it doesn't automatically mean the content is vector. You can also import raster images directly into Flash if you want, then export to .SWF.

What I said in my first post still applies, though. There is no way that I know of to create pure vectors out of raster textures.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..