A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: how was this sick animation done?

perpetually bored

how was this sick animation done?

Please have a look at:

http://www.andreaswannerstedt.se/tal...ena_teaser.swf

How was this done? Flash, After Effects, a combination? I have gone through the animation and with the exception of a couple of things, it looks like it could have been done in Flash. There are some elements that fly off stage so I know at least some of it was done in Flash. However, when the buildings pop up, there is a camera move that looks like it would be difficult to do... also when the chain breaks - then there is the 3d ribbon animation and the 3d camera moves toward the end. Any insight?

In any case, does anyone know where I can get some tips on doing some of the complex mask animations shown in this - either in Flash or AE? Also, how do you animate 3d ribbons like that?

looks to me like mostly tween animations flash, the buildings - swift3D

id like to know how they do "musik", "film" wordings though

That looks like it was done mostly if not all in Flash to me. Seems to be comprised mainly of lots of tweened masks. The chain might have been done in a 3D program, but it could have just as easily been done in Flash, though. The same goes for the buildings, though those look more like shapes drawn in Flash.

Jujumon just posted a link to an AE tut that shows you how to do somewhat complex mask animations.

Juju ~
    Those text reveals look like 'simple' tweened masks to me. Just make the text and then reveal it with those 'sweeps'.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

perpetually bored
    Hey Rush... was that the correct link? That was more of a tut for a particle effect than for masking. Still cool though. In any case, I still wonder if it was all done in Flash. The masking and movement it would take to create the 3d ribbons that drop down and move towards the camera would be insane... also towards the end there is some 3d camera movement that while technically possible in Flash would be a ***** to work out.

It might not have been exactly what you were looking for, but yeah, it was the correct link.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..