A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: .exe Problem again

.exe Problem again

First of all I am realy starting to like how the whole .exe thing works. I am developing a game that has me a bit stumped. I would like to be able to use the object load/save feature to allow the players of may game to save their game to the hard drive of there computer. However I would like it so they can save multiple games on 1 computer. I can not for the life of me figure out how to save multiple users for one game.

Any Ideas.

Thanks
    Carl A. Muller

the other problem I forgot to mention is how they would be able to pull the info back up and load the saved game

You can either save a different Object file with a different name for each user, or save a single Array containing multiple objects, one for each player.

When the player enters his name, search the objects in the array for a matching name, and if you find one, copy that player's data from the properties of the object.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

I am new to arrays (never used one) so It may take a bit of research for me on this one I am still a bit puzzled but I will look into arrays

Thanks
    Carl.

For this I think I understand how this is to work to save a different object or array. For the script where it would be ("whatever.array") for the load or save you would be able to replace that with any string. and you would take something suchas a variable called {username} that would be a string and a add in another string that would be {.array} Is this the method that is to be used.

if this would work there would be limitless games that could be saved. however Loading a game would be an ok if they knew what username the game was saved under. which would be fine since my game would typically only have 1 or 2 users playing on one computer as an avearage. but is there a way that we would be able to pull a list of users that have saved a game. I am sure I would be able to figure something out after a while but I was hoping someone had doen this before and knew an easy way.

By the way I have been using the new version most of the night and it works awsome I love the new featres of action script 3.