A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Simple Buttonhitbox problem

Simple Buttonhitbox problem

I have 4 buttons, they are all build up in the same way its a text, thats black, turns white when mouse is over, and has a hitbox (targetarea) thats abit bigger than the text.

For some reason it works fine for the first 2 buttons, but the other 2 have a problem, they only have about 1/3 of the hitbox from what ive "painted" out, its only 1/3 to the right that is a targetarea that will change the color to white and that you can press. How come?

Can't edit for some reason so...

I have one big movieclip that covers the 4 buttons the buttons are basicly on diffrent y cords but same x cords. If I have the whole movieclip where I want it the 2 top buttons work perfect, the 2 bottom ones have a tiny space to the farmost right, if I move the clip more to the right, the area for the bottom buttons gets bigger and if I have it about "1 buttonsize" to the right then the lower buttons works fine also.

So for some strange reason that I can't understand the lower buttons seems to have some fixed targetarea that is not where I place it but about 1 size to the right... how come?

could you do a save as Flash 8 then send the file to me, so I can check it out here??
    Adobe Certified Associate in Rich Media Communication Flash CS3

My Company: Helix Creative My Main Project: CreativeChain

Well since I use AS3 it will give errors from that.

well, ok then, thats fine.

Ok, I removed the AS3 parts, and well here it is, You can see the 4 buttons and you can also see the top 2 working and not the buttom two... also notice as I mention before that the bottom buttons do work if you have your curser over to the very right, and if you move the whole movieclip with the buttons more to the right you can get them to work...
    Attached Files Attached Files

thx, ok, to your surprise I must say again that it works with no problem I dont see anything wrong there, when I test the movie, I can go over all of the 4 buttons and they all work with no problem. So maybe the error is coming from the AS which I cant run unfortunately. tbh I still use AS2 even on my CS3, not ready for the transition yet, lol!

but the AS doesnt do anything to the buttons *cry*

Geting irritated at this. And yea I tested the version that I uploaded here and yes its working... but when I go back to the real thing, its not working anymore...

I tried to remove the AS and make is visable in the CS3 version also but its not working there anyway... so there is something strange with CS3, since in Flash8 its working but in CS3 its not.
    Last edited by Zahmet; 07-20-2007 at 08:54 AM.