I just got a new (touchscreen) laptop, and it came with Vista Home Premium. It had 1GB ram, but it was unbelievable: I had no programs running (except for the system processes) and it was using 700MB of ram. I upgraded to 2GB, and even though there's plenty of memory now, it looks like windows still open too slowly.

Besides that, It looks like a prettier XP. There are quite a bit of enhancements in explorer and the ui, but NONE of them are something to be amazed at. It looks like they did a great job to make it easier to stupid people to use windows. Everything is guided, you can save your searches (but who really searches for stuff in their own pc, don't you know where you keep your files), Aero looks cool , but I like my windows plain and simple. What purpose do transparent borders serve?

I still haven't used it much, so I haven't experienced a lot of trouble. Actually, so far, none.

But, really, it was a let down. There's nothing in Vista that could justify the upgrade.

On the other side, a touchscreen laptop is awesome. I know what I'll buy for xmas, a nice full feature tablet pc, unless Apple's new OS can beat that. Or maybe we'll see tablet macbooks in the near future?