A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Beta]Drawman... Almost done game, please bugtest

[Beta]Drawman... Almost done game, please bugtest

Hello everyone,
    I'm nearly finished with my game, either later today, or tomorrow it should be all done if you guys don't find any big bugs. Speaking of you guys finding big bugs, I'd love it if all of you would check out the game, and tell me your thoughts and opinions. As well as finding any problems.
    http://peejaroni.com/drawman.aspx is the site. Enjoy!
    Peejaroni

Game Player - Developer scheletro's Avatar
    just dont get it, in firefox on mac OSx my character dont do anything

"I love to make them as I love to play them"

hmm that is interesting... on firefox on windows, it works fine... first of all, does he just sit there even if you do move the mouse? If he moves, did you press the 1, 2, or 3 buttons to open a weapon, and if you did that did you click and drag?

Developer
    Yeah I think he forgot to press 1,2 or 3 first. I did. Interesting game btw.

compy spaz, double post
    Last edited by peejaroni; 07-24-2007 at 11:26 AM.

thanks! I should have made something before the game, so you will know what to do even if you don't read the directions...

Student
    - shorten the way to long intro (make it skipable to the point where the user finally can click)
    - very complex controls,- perhaps add clickable icons to perform actions alternativly
    - graphics can be improved too,- esspecially the intro screen. Maybe scan a paper and use that as paper background (might even improve the performance)
    perhaps something like this

the idea is nice

Thanks for your input!
    I like the clickable icons idea, and I'll add a skip function, and I'll see if paper looks as good as my fake stuff. Also, the worst graphic, the guy who comes in from the left side and shoots erasers is just a placeholder, my artistic friend hasn't gotten around to drawing him yet.
    Last edited by peejaroni; 07-24-2007 at 11:49 AM. Reason: forgot somethin

Interesting concept.

Sound was a bit loud, maybe a mute button. I wasn't a fan of the all white background either.

I liked the witch riding the white out bottle, I thought that was really funny.

thanks for your input! The "white-out wizard" (thats what I call him) is the only art that I made that will probably stay. The only other art that is in there that is mine right now is the dude shooting erasers.

also a replay button?
    try my games
    newEscape Game | SPOT

when you hit the "Submit" button you go back to start, but you have a good idea, I"ll do that now.

Just a heads up, but your high score board is easily hacked (look at the top score). I know you are using a 3rd party one, but I bet they have a more secure way to use it because it was super simple as it is. It's also sending your password plain text, just POSTing the data rather then using GET adds no security at all contrary to what people on this forum might say.

I think you should be able to click and place a single block without having to drag the mouse. That would work a lot better with missiles. I agree too that the sound is WAY too loud. Have fun!

Thanks for the input... actually the first one is a test I did, and I decided to leave it in to make others feel inferior! }

ha ha, I actually added another one higher then yours - that was what I was implying

ok... maybe I should add some encryption or something i also plan to turn down the volume of the explosion. I always have my speakers at their lowest, and I guess not everyone does that.

I glanced at the armorbot faq and it mentioned something about encrypting the scores or scoreboard or some such. Might want to look into it. As it stands, you just need to packet sniff the data and re-post it using an HTML page. That's how I did it.

Ok, I'm uploading my newer version, I just coppied all the encryptageness into it. Try and hack this thing.
    I lowered the volume for the sound, tell me if it is about right.
    p.s. Do people think I have shot at getting a sponsorship, or at least getting front page on a few sites?
    Last edited by peejaroni; 07-24-2007 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peejaroni
    Ok, I'm uploading my newer version, I just coppied all the encryptageness into it. Try and hack this thing.
    p.s. Do people think I have shot at getting a sponsorship, or at least getting front page on a few sites?
    hmmm, i dont want to burst your bubble, but i'd say you'll have to put a bit more work into it. There was some bugs i found and the gameplay was very sluggish and confusing, some points:

- the game ended and enemies and ink were still on the page.
    - the background kept moving weirdly sometimes, i was unable to control it properly
    - the enemies seem to bounce back when they get hit, doesn't look very nice
    - the collision is very inaccurate and i dont really understand how to win. Sometimes the enemies just go right through my lines and nothing happens
    - skip button on the instructions page doesn't work sometimes and the font is misplaced

suggestions:

-use the drawing API to draw your lines, rather than attaching/duplicating movie clips.

-fix the background scrolling, turn it off or make it easier to use.

its a good idea, but really needs to be polished at bit more before a sponsor will grab it up. I could be wrong though.
    lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade

Thanks for the input. The backround moving around happens when an explosion goes off, or you are hit. I added this to be like a rumble effect. (I like it enough to keep it.)
    I don't know why enemies go through lines, unless you were using missiles and didn't fire them.
    As far as game ending and ink still being there, I was ignoring that, and I'm adding code to fix that now.
    As far as winning goes, it is a "High Score" game, as this game is my take on the classic arcade.
    Bouncing back: I think you mean the guys who fall from the top, and I thank you for that because I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. Thanks.
    Thanks for your help!