A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Beta]Drawman... Almost done game, please bugtest

Ok, done
    Little bit harder this time. I used Flasm to break the swf apart, then I set the default score value to 987654321 and rebuilt the swf.

I don't know what that meant
    If you keep up those shinanigans I'll have to IP block you (although I assume you can get around that somehow)

haha

he will.

why not put a 4 character limit on the textField, sure you'll get scores of 9999, but it wont look as bad as 987654321
    Last edited by mr_malee; 07-24-2007 at 09:10 PM.
    lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade

ha ha, no worries. I only do this when someone posts a game looking for input. I find the challenge a fun little mental puzzle but I have zero interest in hacking games that go live. I prefer to help developers learn how to properly secure their games so their hard work doesn't go to waste.

I don't know what that meant
    Flasm has the ability to convert a SWF file into human readable (barely) Flash bytecode. You can then manually edit the bytecode using a text editor and Flasm can convert it back into a SWF. That's how I hacked the score. I basically modified the SWF to set the initial score to 987,654,321 rather then 0.
    If you keep up those shinanigans I'll have to IP block you (although I assume you can get around that somehow)
    It depends on the situation but one option is to use a free anonymous proxy for GET requests or use a server-side post script on a free hosting company for POST requests. Both are pretty simple and work fine.

Anyways, to prevent a decompilation-based hack, you should look into something like Amayeta.com or one of the other obfuscators.

Interesting concept.
    You need to start the player with a DEFAULT ink.

I can't believe I didnt think of that already. It shall be done.

Nice game. The explosions are still a bit on the loud side, though. You may want to consider limiting the 'screen shake' to just when the character is hit, not when enemies are struck/missiles are fired. I didn't really want to attack the enemies simply because the explosion and shaking is a bit obnoxious.

EDIT: also noticed that clicking on '2' to choose missiles didn't work; you choose 'Missiles' instead of the functional 'missiles'.
    Last edited by Eldiran; 07-25-2007 at 11:05 AM.

in the instructions page, "skip" is showing.. its interfering with the arrow button
    try my games
    newEscape Game | SPOT

thanks both of you, I will try the game with out the shake when you fire.
    Also thanks for pointing out my capitalization issues with MIssiles and missiles. (I hope that is what you meant, they still fired fine, just different words.)
    Also, I"ll fix the skip thing.
    Thanks everyone