A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: scrolling tile on layer not working<---fast replies appreciated

Hybrid View

scrolling tile on layer not working<---fast replies appreciated

I have a layer, I need the whole thing to scroll, and I need it to tile while it scrolls. Simple enough, but it doesn't work. I'm using 4.92, and 4.91, I don't really have the time to to go through all the beta versions, but if one will do this easily, then let me know and I'm after it. If there's another simple way of accomplishing this, then I also I need to know.

This is for a job, and time sensitive(which is why I'm up at midnight working on it), I'm off to try some obvious things(most I've already tried), but would appreciate any advice, help, or work arounds that you can offer in the mean time......

Thanks-J

......here is a stripped down version of the file, all I need to to is get the layer to tile as it's scrolling.......

I swear this used to work, it was so simple....

-J
    Attached Files Attached Files

The quickest workaround, is to create two copies of the scrolling list, and just manually drag them into position on either side of the first list (don't worry about increasing the swf file size, compression loves repetition) and then add some scripting along the lines of ..

if (layer.x > some_maximum) layer.x -= width_of_original;
    if (layer.x < some_minimum) layer.x += width_of_original;

This is what scrolling tiles does, except scrolling tiles clones the two copies for you, and works out the minimum, maximum, and width for you.

In the meantime, we'll look into why this didn't work for you on the first time around.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

Thanks, I'm in the middle of something else right now, but I'll flip back to that in a few......

.......been a long night, everythings last minute.

-J