A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Why have I been censored

Why have I been censored

can one of you moderators explain to me why I'm not allowed (unlike everyone else who can and do) to put a link to my website and blog in my footer?

thanks.

Everybody that chooses to post their site(s) here at Flashkit do so responsibly. Allow me to reiterate to you publicly what's acceptable and how you've now considered to be utilizing Flashkit as a springboard for soliciting new clicks and as a manner to just to say "I did this, look at it" but not post it in the most appropriate location once like the Site Check or Member Sites.

Or to post your site enough times for it to be considered that the majority of your posts link back to your sites... that's sheer self-promotion.

Or to post about your site, multiple times in multiple forums... and to have them reported by your fellow members and to have a super moderator have to once warn you and merge them together; only to repeat something very similar to that once again... that's not heeding a warning.

I don't warn people that don't deserve it. I don't multiple warn; consider yourself lucky.

But as it stands, despite your helpful posts which do add to the Flashkit community, you have more posts that link back to your sites and that's all they do.

I know about your interviews, your sites... and even your blog. I know about your game, the way it uploads a face, et al. However, for me to know that you've posted it in multiple threads, multiple forums and I've been made aware of it by your peers; that's beyond being a participant in the forums.

It means that you're using the forums for self-gain and self-promotion.

I'd suggest re-reading the Flashkit FAQ/Rules... they're in my footer. As is my own personal blog. And guess what? That's allowable. But not posting it so many times to where I can quickly look at your post history and see that you have been using Flashkit over and over just for self-promotion.

I've publicly warned you earlier today about posting your site over and over.

Your sites are now un-censored... and the Admin had done so because of my request... and my request only.

I'd suggest that you watch your peers. I see any post abuse from you in the future, your site and accounts will both be banned.

Flashkit is a community. Stop just taking and taking... those are the rules and the "soul" of a community. I'd suggest that you see that other people with sites don't post about their site as much as you do.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

You seem to be getting confused about something. I do not need to use FK for "self promotion", infact I have never gotten a flash contract because I posted here. My own website does not need Flashkit for promotion either, its doing quite fine all by itself.

Like I said to you in the PM, I post here if I think I have something useful or of interest to the Flash community, or i need some advice on something, thats it.

Up till now, I havn't used a footer to post a link to anything i've done. If I was so into "self promoting" as you suggested, don't you think I would of added a footer link 1,031 posts ago?

I did post a link in the footer today, but I think I'm going to remove it to prove a point.

Don't worry I won't be posting any more links to anything I have done. I will go on though posting on the forum, and joining in the discussions when I think I have something useful to say. Thats presuming you don't think thats self promoting and ban me.
    FlashGameMaker.com - er..where I say stuff.

No. You seem to be confused. I don't care if you have 1031 posts.

If you recently have launched a site, and you posted it a lot as of late - which you have - do you think that I'm supposed to look the other way because you have over 1000 posts?

You are heavy into self-promotion, I've closed three of your recent threads, and if you wish, I will show you how many times your sites have been posted.

You are seriously not seeing how much you promote yourself via the threads. Now it's expanded to your footer.

I'm not presuming anything.
    link to your site, did not answer the question
    your blog link... I already deleted one other one.
    Interview 1
    your site again
    your site... asking about the RSS... but you still listed out your URL.
    your site... duplicates were merge... so it was once multiple threads - six or so. I usually ban spammers for less.
    your site... again... this time in the Boardroom.
    And this does not include deleted threads - I count 3, including a recent solicitation for free work that was posted in Flash Freelance.

It does not include the duplicates I've had to merge. Or the sly additions to other threads.

That's the sign of a spammer.

And you're the one that doesn't quite get it.

Look we can argue this back and forwards but I got better things to do. I post things that I think will be useful to this community, sometimes that means stuff which I did on my own website, which it seems is ok for other people but not for me. Now I know you and your friends who run this place have an issue with it, I won't do that again. Ok ? we cool? good.
    Last edited by Boombanguk; 07-26-2007 at 07:18 PM.

This is the last time I address this.

You post your links ad nauseum, it's spam.

I've shown you how you've posted spam in the past. Be adult enough to even acknowledge it. That prior list was from only a minute of research.

It's not "my friends and I" that run this site that have a problem with how you've been spamming the site. I merely enforce the rules that you simply have not been following.

If you continue to have a problem following the rules; you will be removed, your site URL's also removed.

Don't spam the site as you have in the past. It's that simple. It's not a judgment call... it's a call on how you've been posting. I've posted the prior problem posts that show your history.

And here is where you keep getting it wrong... and I'm going to be frank.

You have posted the same link to your blog and site over and over. You have listed your site on this site over and over. And you have spammed the site where I had to merge over 4 of the same thread at least once. You have not read the terms and conditions of the Freelance Forum and posted a solicitation for free work... which is also not allowed here as well.

There is no back and forth. You just have not shown that you're capable of following the rules.

Last warning. Spam the site again, you will be removed.

Thread closed.