A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: CSS border not recognizing nested div

CSS border not recognizing nested div

As a portion of a larger layout, I have defined a single column in which I nest a div (floated right) thats serves as a second column. The overall intended result, which does function as intended in FF 2.0/IE7/IE6/safari, is to allow any content that extends beyond the base/bottom of my nested div to expand to the width of the parent column. A pretty straight forward concept.

Where my problem arises is with any element defined in the parent column that has been assigned a top or bottom border. Though the content within the element recognizes the nested div, however, the border style does not; causing the border to extend behind the nested div rather then recognizing the nested div's boundaries.

Any idea if this can be rectified so that the border does stop at the nested div boundary?

Thanks.

That's a pretty complicated description, but I think I understand what you're saying. Try assigning overflow: auto or overflow: hidden to the element with the border.

That is it...thank you!

Sorry for the complicated description. Just trying to accurately state what was happening.