A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: it doesnt look like it does in the scene editor... help!

it doesnt look like it does in the scene editor... help!

I just purchased the most recent version of Swift 3D and I am struggling with the rendering problems

I created an animation in the scene editor that features a series of rings rotating around one another. The rings have a semitransparent and reflective texture applied to them. They are also illuminated by several lights.
    In the scene editor, the animation looks exactly how I want it. But when I preview it, it looks totally different. Some of the colors are missing, most or the highlights dont show up, it just looks compleetly wrong. I have the fill type set to “mesh gradient shading” and the reflections and highlights are on...what am I missing?

an image would be good. something we could look at?
    Graphics Attract, Motion Engages, Gameplay Addicts
    XP Pro | P4 2.8Ghz | 2Gb | 80Gb,40Gb | 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

Sounds like you are trying to get a raster quality render out of vectors. If you try to export that as a mesh gradient it will produce a very processor intensive animation with a quite unnecessarily bloated file size. I would suggest trying some of the other fill settings.

Another thing is that transparency and reflections don't work all that well together in Swift3D, whether you are using raster or vector.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..