A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: web design website - review requested

web design website - review requested

Hi ,
    I am building up my web design website - http://www.websys.co.in , and I am looking for as many feedbacks, i can get .
    On the homepage I have put in a flash , which I am little unsure if regular visitors will be able to use properly . So do let me know what you think.
    Also i look forward to any other comments you may have as well .

thanks
    Tublu

-_-
    Nice site man. Good colors. Clean look. The nav green could be a bit darker. Was hard on my eyes a bit, but not that bad. Very nice site.

thanks adobemedia . any tips for the flash thing ?

Student
    - copyright text is still in default font style (times new roman on most computers)
    - flash e-book thingy looks ugly with the drag me text,- perhaps just an icon?
    - text on photos not readable at all,- e.g this one:

- my instincts tell me that with those stock photos the owner of the page does not really have to say much,- Almost all photos used on the site have a cliché symbol character - the usual photos thus if you search for example in google for buisness or other abstract related topics, e.g:
    http://images.google.com/images?svnu...siness&spell=1
    I would be however propably not a client so propably dont take it to seriously
    - the arrows on these pics look kinda lost

perhaps move them to the middle and or make them bigger?

well overall I think the website looks friendly and clean - it still doesn´t have yet that much character something that reflects the work or the beeing(s) behind the website.

FK Rocks..!
    Wow...

Your really made a cool , attractive design.

I liked it a lot.

The color combination and the look are really nice... Thumbs up...

Few of the cons i felt are as under, these may help you to improve the looks.

1) I am viewing your page at 1440x900 (on a 19" Wide screen LCD) the right corner of your main page (just beside the snap of the girl ) strech towards the end of the screen. I think it would look better if you keep the size constant, and keep the whole site in the middle of the screen.

2) The corners of the rectangles are too edge, it would be more eye catching if you used the the corner of some radius (I mean curved corners)

3) The drag me text is not clear at all, even i was draging the page in the direction of arrow shown just beside the text. I suggest it would look better if you use it at the top right of the page , remove the text and turn the page on mouse over event. Here is a similar example www.thetruecompass.com

4) Another problem is that one can not move back to the page one by draging back method used on the last page.

5) Non of the image (your design samples) fit in the space provided , that leave one with the curiosity of looking at the whole design.

6) And lastly, the background color of the text fields on contact page must be similar, rather than few with transparent color and other with white.

I hope these will help you

Thanks

Vicky
    www.vky84.com (My site aint good enought , i know .... Its just because i made it 4 years back, and couldnt find time to complete my upcoming portfolio, i hope i'll do this after my papers this month)

Cheers