A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: importing ai to Swift issue.. arrrgh!

importing ai to Swift issue.. arrrgh!

Hi Guys I'm trying to simply import an ai or eps into swift 3d 3.0 and which ever file type I try it crashes the software. I'm on a PC as well if that helps!!

Many thanks
    Sebastian

Export your *.ai's from Illustrator - or other vector apps - as legacy *.ai instead. I tend to send out my paths from Illustrator CS2 as *.ai 8.0... hardly no issues then.

*.eps... be careful. a lot of people think since they're outputting *.eps from say Photoshop - that's raster, not vector - then it should work within Swift3D. It won't.

And since you're using Swift3D 3.0 - time to upgrade man! - you might want to make sure you're also sending out files sans outlines. I remember that being a slight problem at that version. Been a while.

Hope that helps. And if that doesn't work, take the *.ai or *.eps file into Flash, and then make sure you can edit the paths and what not and then export/save as *.ai or *.eps and then take it into Swift3D.

If it can be edited within Flash, it usually means that Swift3D will have zero probs with it.

Good luck

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

mate thanks so much! that worked a treat. yeah I would be on a later version of swift but thats the companies fault.

thanks again.