A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Question with flash remoting and the result object

Question with flash remoting and the result object

Hello,

Every where I have looked for flash remoting tutorials and tips is using amfphp and not CFCs. I have everything set up correctly, I just cannot figure out how to get anything out of the result object.

I found an article that was saying I could get the number of columns by doing:
    rs.serverInfo.columnCount;

However it produces this error:

TypeError: Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties.
    at CustomClasses.roster::roster/:nResult()

I tried to access a couple other properties I found in some articles and I get the same error, can anyone tell me why this is happening?

I figured out my problem.

its serverinfo not serverInfo, all the tutorials I found had it spelled as serverInfo

Feel free to use my AS3 remoting class package, it handles all the recordset parsing for you, turns them into objects as well as walking arrays and sub-arrays, distinguishing different types of results from AMFPHP and giving verbose readout...

http://www.joshstrike.com/strike_remoting.zip

Cheers,
    Josh

Hey Josh,

Thanks for those classes!

I did download it and gave it a look before I even made this post (the power of search engines). I never tried using it though because I thought it was for those only using AMFPHP and not for those using CFC's (like I am). Maybe I'm just really confused on the entire subject, but I have figured out a way to parse the data out, just not dynamically. I think I will give your classes another look, and it may answer a few other questions I have.

I don't think it would be a big stretch to rework the phpAccess class to work with CF...but I don't really know much CF so I'm not sure...but if you do add that kind of functionality, I'd love to see it!